Windows 7 minidump file for an BSOD on win 7 64 bit

Tonatiuh

Hi everyone

I am experiencing an infamous BSOD, I don’t recall seen one of those since win 98 so I felt quite surprised at first, fortunately I found that win 7 creates a minidump file which I understand contains some information about the crash conditions, yet I have not been able to read it. After some research I found that someone at this blog might be able to help me out to read it, so I will really appreciate any help or advice on this:

Here is some information about the PC and the conditions on the failure:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775
Graphics: sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512Mb
RAM: 4Gb (I am not sure but I think it’s a DDR2-800)

I have experienced 5 BSOD so far, 3 of them while playing Warhammer Space Marine and the another 2 while playing L.A. Noir, I also use this computer as a small audio studio and that hasn’t failed so far no matter how hard I push the HW.

At first I suspected of the latest catalyst drivers (11.11) all the problems started shortly after I updated it, so I restore the system to a prior date, but it hasn't fixed it so far, I already cleaned the system fans and the one on the video card, I also performed some tests on fan speed and overheating but everything is still green.

I am considering an upgrade on the graphics card (probably a Radeon 6850) but I want to be sure that there is no other issue with the processor or other critical part.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 121211-21918-01.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 143
Back
Top Bottom