Windows 7 Mouse and Keyboard stopped working

tom

I installed windows 7 on a new rig (12gb ram, ASUS p6t mother board and 3.3 Core i7 Extreme Edition 975(3.33G,L2:4x256KB,L3:8M, rev.D0,130W). Everything was funtioning fine until I moved the computer into another room.

Now mouse and keyboard dont function. Tried PS2 keyboard and it worked once , not anymore. Tried a different mouse no go. Tried different USB ports still no go. If I can fix it I will probably net to reload OS so any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks
Tom

I searched forum and found nothing like this.

Well, I have had the issue of a not responding USB mouse when waking from sleep or hibernation. I simply unplugged the USB mouse, waited 5 seconds and plugged it back in and it works well. Same with my USB keyboard. If you are having the same issue with a PS/2 keyboard, it might not be Windows 7.

The PS2 keyboard was an attempt to access the computer and update drivers. Keyboard and mouse are new.
They dont function from a cold start. I think ill see if windows 7 has a repair function on the installation CD.

Thanks for the reply

Tom

Are they USB? I have had that happen and as strange as it sounds it was because I didn't plug them back in the exact same spot they came out of.

Keyboard Mouse not working

Yes they are. Dont remember which slot but I could try all eleven.

Tom

Close this post

I reformated Hard drive and re-installed windows 7. Wow they really need to fix this little bug.

Thanks for all your help

Tom

Back