Windows 10 MSVCP100.dll and vc_red.msi problems

Malegriffe

Hello, sorry if my english isn't perfect,
I have a long time problem the "MSCVCP100.dll is missing" even a Windows 10 reinstallation didn't fixed it, I tried to repaire all of my C++ many times, and even replace it (it is worst), and I saw a thread : (... on the ea support, a guy manages to fix that issue by uninstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributables updates ...)
I tried to follow it and then a new problem, I can't uninstall the update of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributables, vc_red.msi is not found, I search with the "Everything" programm, vc_red.msi is not on my computer,
So I'm searching for some answers, many things disappearing from my computer so it's weird, if someone have a solution, it could be very helpful ^^

Last edited:
I think you mean MSVCPXXX.dll. There isn't a MSVCP.dll they will have a number after MSVCP.

Do you have a specific application complaining about it?

Yes, sorry, I correctes that
The problem started with an error message from "ColorUservice" that could not start because of MSVCP100.dlll missing and now it has repercutions on my Origins games that could not install

What EXACTLY is your version of W10? For example, latest is v1703 b15063.138.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Are you sure it isn't looking for the 32 bit version? On a 64 bit system 64bit dll files will be in C:\Windows\System32 and 32 bit dll's will be in C:\Windows\Syswow64 so I would installed both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of C++ 2010 runtime. You could also use procmon Process Monitor create a filter for the file name and try and run the failing application. If you see a 'Create File' action on the DLL and a FILE NOT FOUND then that is why it's failing from there look at the path it's trying to access and we can troubleshoot from there.

Side note if these are older applications, they may have hard coded locations for the DLLs so it doesn't obey the Windows 64 bit file structure. In these cases you can create symbolic links to resolve the issue.

Back