Windows 10 Multiple BSOD Everyday - Unexpected Store Exception, Critical Process Died, etc.

I'm facing the same issue since a month now. I've got top of the line Dell laptop. Even did a factory reset, still getting the BSOD with unexpected store exception. Not sure what's causing it.

Much thanks for the update.

Let's the extra space helps the situation but if not please post back.

I'm still in the process of deleting and moving things but I decided to use the diagnostic tool because it kept crashing and taking me to the failed recovery page and it said my hard drive failed the short test. It gave me the error code 2000-0142, Validation 114567, S/N W0VCAYE1.

It sounds very much like the actual HDD is borked and needs replacing.

You could try changing cables as well checking the connections and testing again?

If it still errors out then you will need to replace the drive.

Hi,
sorry for not answering sooner but I meant you can try changing the SATA cable as well as making sure the cable connects properly with board and drive.
I doubt it would change much but it's worth a look and if you happen to have a spare sata cable lying around then try swapping it out with the original.

Sorry I haven't left an update. I haven't been using this computer since last Saturday because it wouldn't really turn on. I have yet to open the computer because I don't really know how but I will either later today or tomorrow.

Hi Eternal,
you say the machine won't turn on at all?

Have you checked the power cord is connected properly and that a fuse hasn't blown?

What I meant by that was it would start up then say it was repairing and then go to the failed recovery screen before it shut off and do the same thing again when I tried to restart it. It's currently up and running and I'm using it to type this message. I still have to open it up to check the board though.

As I wrote earlier, I'm pretty sure your HDD needs replacing.

In any case try running these scans and see if they help:

File scans
Find command prompt, right click on it and choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Hi Eternal,

Going back to your orginal chkdsk scan that you ran earlier, it does have few issues and if you run the command below it will hopefully repair the damage.

Look in your start menu for 'Windows system'. (It's near the bottom)

Open the drop down menu and you should see 'command prompt', right click on the Command prompt icon in the start menu and you'll see two options.

One is to pin the app to the start menu whilst the other option say's 'More'.

You need to click on the 'More' option and another menu box will appear.

The menu box that opens gives you a further 3 options, all you need to do is click 'run as administrator'.

Type or copy and paste this command in the admin command prompt box:

chkdsk /r

Press enter and you will need to reboot as chkdsk scans outside of windows

This will look for broken sectors on the drive and if possible repair them.

Question: If I get a new hard drive, will it delete windows 10 from my laptop? This laptop was originally a windows 8 but I updated when they gave out the free windows 10 update. I think my hard drive is really broken because I've tried all of this multiple times and it still crashes. Also, sorry I haven't updated in a long time I haven't used this laptop at all since my last message.

Question: If I get a new hard drive, will it delete windows 10 from my laptop?
Yes.

You could always create a back up but as the drive is faulty you might be better off starting afresh with a clean install.

This laptop was originally a windows 8 but I updated when they gave out the free windows 10 update.
When you did the upgrade you were given what's called a digital licence which is stored online.

The licence is tied to the machine you upgraded from.

You can visit the download page here: Download Windows 10 and use the Media Creation tool to download a copy of Windows 10 so you can either burn it to disk or USB.

When you install windows 10 and come to the activation page all you need to click is 'I don't have one' when asked for a key.

This is because it's stored online and windows will activate automatically once your online and signed in.

Back