Windows 8 My Bluetooth Mouse Keeps Disconnecting

TOMROM

Im sorry if this in the wrong place or something im pretty new to forums. I recently bought a brand new Sculpt comfort bluetooth mouse and it keeps dropping out randomly. Now i know after reading some of the other threads on the forum you can go into the device manager and turn off a setting in there which supposedly fixes the problem. The only problem is that the laptop that I need the mouse for is a school laptop and the school seemed to have disabled device manager. Also it seems to be fixed every time i go into the manage bluetooth devices screen otherwise it won't work. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Last edited:
You probably need to get into Device manager and uncheck the box which allows the device to be turned off but as you say it's unavailable.
This link shows to enable and disable the Device manager snap in so you might be able to enable it again:
Device Manager MMC Snap-in - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums
I tried the methods in the website but had no luck. I tried running it from Command Prompt and a message popped up(Pic Below). I also tried to do the group policy method but that was blocked too. Any Ideas.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 283
Looks like they have blocked the access pretty securely.. Maybe ask around at school see if anyone has found a way past?

Looks like they have blocked the access pretty securely.. Maybe ask around at school see if anyone has found a way past?
Yeah I think I might try that see what I can find and if worst comes to worst I can ask one of the admins to give me permission for a bit. Oh and just a question say I were to create another user on the pc would the restrictions apply and would the Bluetooth settings carry over?

I managed to find away into the bluetooth mouse settings by going into the bluetooth settings from the control panel and then opening it from there. The only problem is there is no option or anything like that to uncheck just things like driver and description. So is it that it is broken or am i missing something. Also when the mouse disconnects it doesn't turn off it just doesn't work and i have into the bluetooth windows 8 page to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom