Windows 10 WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10

PsychopathRC

Hi,

I'm here because I have a problem with my WiFi. I've had Windows 10 for a while now and at first it worked fine. But a few months ago that changed. I use my Samsung Galaxy J3 as a WiFi Hotspot. For some reason, every day now, my connection seems to randomly drop. Sometimes it connects again by itself (and then drops and reconnects a number of times before stabilizing) and sometimes it doesn't (and I have to manually play with the WiFi icon or turn off and on the WiFi). I don't know what is causing this and have tried a few simple things suggested online, to no avail. I also have a problem where every other WiFi connection in sight is checked as 'connect automatically', although it doesn't seem to actually try and do that. Any suggestion as to the cause? I don't think it's my J3 but I guess anything is possible. Help appreciated!!

• Do you have other devices connected to the hot spot and do they exhibit the same behavior?
  • Does the laptop exhibit this behavior on other wireless networks, you can test at a location with free wifi
  • What is the signal strength?

Back