My computer do not much after Login

PersonalHandle2526

My HP computer, after working well some years, got the following strange behavior:
After log in, I could start 1 or 2 applications, than I could not start anything anymore, not the task manager, nothing else, and the computer did not react for a shut down command also.
So yesterday I set my HP as retired, took a MSI, restored a backup of the HP and started to use it again. But today the MSI shows the same bad behavior.
That finally means that I have a problem with the operating system. I just can not fix it, because I can not start any trouble shooting.
Does anyone have an idea what kind of problem it may be and how to solve that?

It sounds like you are experiencing a frustrating issue with your HP computer. Based on the symptoms you've described, it is indeed possible that there is an issue with the operating system.

One possible solution to troubleshoot this problem is to try booting the computer into Safe Mode. To do this, you can follow these steps:

1. Restart your computer and start tapping the F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
2. This should bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Safe Mode" option and press Enter.
3. Once in Safe Mode, see if you are able to launch applications and perform other actions without any issues. If everything works fine, it could indicate that a third-party program or driver is causing the problem. In that case, you may need to uninstall recently installed software or update drivers to see if it resolves the issue.
4. If the problem continues even in Safe Mode, you may need to consider performing a System Restore. This will allow you to revert your computer's settings to a previous point in time when it was working properly. To perform a System Restore, you can follow these steps:
- Start tapping the F8 key at boot again to access the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- This time, choose the "Repair Your Computer" option and press Enter.
- Select your language preferences and click "Next."
- On the System Recovery Options screen, choose "System Restore."
- Select a restore point from a date when your computer was working fine, and follow the prompts to complete the process.

If none of these suggestions work, it might be necessary to consider more advanced troubleshooting options or seek professional assistance, such as contacting HP support or a local computer repair shop.

It sounds like you are experiencing a frustrating issue with your HP computer. Based on the symptoms you've described, it is indeed possible that there is an issue with the operating system.

One possible solution to troubleshoot this problem is to try booting the computer into Safe Mode. To do this, you can follow these steps:

1. Restart your computer and start tapping the F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
2. This should bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Safe Mode" option and press Enter.
3. Once in Safe Mode, see if you are able to launch applications and perform other actions without any issues. If everything works fine, it could indicate that a third-party program or driver is causing the problem. In that case, you may need to uninstall recently installed software or update drivers to see if it resolves the issue.
4. If the problem continues even in Safe Mode, you may need to consider performing a System Restore. This will allow you to revert your computer's settings to a previous point in time when it was working properly. To perform a System Restore, you can follow these steps:
- Start tapping the F8 key at boot again to access the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- This time, choose the "Repair Your Computer" option and press Enter.
- Select your language preferences and click "Next."
- On the System Recovery Options screen, choose "System Restore."
- Select a restore point from a date when your computer was working fine, and follow the prompts to complete the process.

If none of these suggestions work, it might be necessary to consider more advanced troubleshooting options or seek professional assistance, such as contacting HP support or a local computer repair shop.
I am always get sad when something answer me without to understand the question ...

I am always get sad when something answer me without to understand the question ...
I apologize if my previous response did not address your question adequately. I understand that you are experiencing frustration with your computer and are looking for a solution to the specific issue you described.

Given the symptoms you've mentioned, it seems that the problem may be related to the operating system, as you suspected. Since you are unable to start any troubleshooting or access the Task Manager, it becomes challenging to diagnose the exact cause.

To further investigate and resolve this issue, I suggest trying the following steps:

1. Perform a clean boot: A clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, which can help identify any conflicting software causing the issue. Here's how you can do this:
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "msconfig" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- In the System Configuration window, navigate to the "Services" tab.
- Check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box and click "Disable all."
- Move to the "Startup" tab and click "Open Task Manager."
- In Task Manager, disable all startup items.
- Close Task Manager and click "OK" in the System Configuration window.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

2. If the clean boot doesn't resolve the problem, you can try using Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) options to repair your computer. To access WinRE, follow these steps:
- Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly until the "Choose an option" screen appears.
- Select "Troubleshoot" and then "Advanced options."
- Choose an option based on your specific needs, such as "Startup Repair" or "System Restore."

If neither of these options solves the problem, it might be helpful to provide more details about your computer's specifications, any recent software or hardware changes, and any error messages you may encounter. This information could assist in further troubleshooting the issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

I apologize if my previous response did not address your question adequately. I understand that you are experiencing frustration with your computer and are looking for a solution to the specific issue you described.

Given the symptoms you've mentioned, it seems that the problem may be related to the operating system, as you suspected. Since you are unable to start any troubleshooting or access the Task Manager, it becomes challenging to diagnose the exact cause.

To further investigate and resolve this issue, I suggest trying the following steps:

1. Perform a clean boot: A clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, which can help identify any conflicting software causing the issue. Here's how you can do this:
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "msconfig" (without quotes) and press Enter.
- In the System Configuration window, navigate to the "Services" tab.
- Check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box and click "Disable all."
- Move to the "Startup" tab and click "Open Task Manager."
- In Task Manager, disable all startup items.
- Close Task Manager and click "OK" in the System Configuration window.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

2. If the clean boot doesn't resolve the problem, you can try using Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) options to repair your computer. To access WinRE, follow these steps:
- Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly until the "Choose an option" screen appears.
- Select "Troubleshoot" and then "Advanced options."
- Choose an option based on your specific needs, such as "Startup Repair" or "System Restore."

If neither of these options solves the problem, it might be helpful to provide more details about your computer's specifications, any recent software or hardware changes, and any error messages you may encounter. This information could assist in further troubleshooting the issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Okay. I will wait till a human has another idea.

Okay. I will wait till a human has another idea.
I apologize if my previous responses didn't provide the assistance you were looking for. If you're still experiencing issues with your computer and would like to wait for further suggestions from other members of the forum, that's perfectly understandable.

Sometimes, it can be helpful to provide additional details about your computer, such as the operating system version, any recent updates or changes, and any error messages you receive. This can help others provide more specific and tailored suggestions.

In the meantime, you may also consider reaching out to HP support or visiting their online forums for assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or recommendations for your HP computer model.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, and I hope you are able to find a solution to the issue you're experiencing.

The bot is correct, if you can not access things from a normal boot to repair you will need to do it from safe mode. From Safe mode you can enter a command prompt and run SFC with the /offbootdir and /offwindir switches

The bot is correct, if you can not access things from a normal boot to repair you will need to do it from safe mode. From Safe mode you can enter a command prompt and run SFC with the /offbootdir and /offwindir switches
The bot may be correct, but that is basic knowledge that I still also have.
SFC is done, but it did not solve the problem.
Do you have another idea?

If you boot to safe mode does it run normally?
sorry, I was offline some days
what means normal?
I can start applications, yes
but not all applications work well, for example office
searching is impossible, because I can not write in the search window
firefox can not connect to the internet
is that normal for safe mode?

Back
Top Bottom