Windows 8 My hard disk partition have changed to all healthy and there is no primary partition...

how can I fixed it???

• I don't Know ...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't Know ....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Abdur Rouf

My hard disk partition have changed to all healthy and there is no primary partition...
Recently I tried to create a system reserved partition and then its happend ....
Now how can I fixed it ???

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.9 KB · Views: 283
I always thought the primary partition was the one containing the operating system which you have. My guess is that you would probably have to format one of those other partitions and create whatever you want from the freshly formatted partition.

Hi Abdur, you just converted your disc to a dynamic one… why did you do that?
Screenshot (223).png

A dynamic disc is (by design) best for a raid setup and nowadays generally only used for virtual system images stored on a file server. If you want to have a primary disc again then convert it back to a basic (i.e. mbr) format.

p.s best practice is to use imaging software like Acronis to make a bootable backup of the disc first so you can recover it when something goes unexpectedly wrong.

Good catch ussnorway.....I wondered what the gold color represented in disc management.

Thanx ussnorway ... But I Can't Find the "Convert to MBR" option in my Disk Management ... See the Screen Shot ...
For Additional Information:
I tried to Shrink volume from Disk Management then i Create a partition from that volume , again I extend volume from the parrtition which i Shrink ... Then Its happen.. Now If I Don't change this , is there any damage happen to my Hard Disk ???
Sorry for Bad English ...
Plse Help ME ......

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 386
Hi

I'm surprised that you can boot your computer.
I didn't think that you could boot to a dynamic disk?

I mistakenly converted my Windows 8 drive to a Dynamic drive and it will no longer boot.
I was doing what you were, trying to expand the size of one of my partitions, and shrink others.

It doesn't really matter to me since I'm running Windows 10 which is on a different hard drive.
If I don't have to, I don't intend reinstalling 8, I'll just run 10 until the real one comes along and then do a clean install on the original drive after converting it back to basic.

But my research seems to indicate that I need to remove all the partitions, format the drive, and then repartition it to convert it back to a Basic drive format.

Then I should be able to restore Windows 8 on it from my system image file if I need to.

If you only have one physical drive, I would buy an external drive larger than the drives in your computer, and copy everything on your computer to it, before I did anything.

Mike

I tried to Shrink volume from Disk Management then i Create a partition from that volume , again I extend volume from the parrtition which i Shrink

Yes, you shouldn’t have done that... your drive is locked as dynamic now.

If you only have one physical drive, I would buy an external drive larger than the drives in your computer, and copy everything on your computer to it, before I did anything.

I’m inclined to agree… at this point, the safest option is get a new hdd and rebuild the system on that with the old one becoming a back up. I wouldn’t really make an image of the old drive because its coming out but the op has a better idea of what’s on it and he can always get a usb case | caddie if he needs to transfer any data off it onto the new system.

No, not damage per-say... the hdd will work harder and therefore not last as long but its a new system & should be good if you want to wait a bit.

Good luck with it Abdur.

Back