I'm having a big meltdown right now. Ever since yesterday, I've been using my HP touch-screen laptop and two hours later, it crashes. I meant to say is that it freezes then it restarts. The problem is that when it restarts, I can't connect to any internet connection at all. Then I turn it off and today a few hours ago, I turn it back on and it's connected to the internet. However, like 10-15 minutes ago, the same thing happened again! It freezes then restarts and again with the inability to connect to the internet! I would turn it off for a few hours and when I turn it back on, it has internet but as I'm saying, it freezes and restarts and afterwards no ability to connect to internet. Can somebody please help me!? I'm really having a panic attack because I'm very worried that this will be the last laptop I'll ever have! Please help me!

Ever since yesterday, I've been using my HP touch-screen laptop and two hours later, it freezes then it restarts. The problem is that when it restarts, I can't connect to any internet connection at all. Then I turn it off and today a few hours ago, I turn it back on and it's connected to the internet. However, like 10-15 minutes ago, the same thing happened again! It freezes then restarts and again with the inability to connect to the internet! I would turn it off for a few hours and when I turn it back on, it has internet but as I'm saying, it freezes and restarts and afterwards no ability to connect to internet. Can somebody please help me? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

Hi Fernando,
I merged both of your threads to save on confusion please do not double post.

Please post the make and model of your machine.

Can you remember if anything was installed prior to the issue starting?

Have you ran a malware scan? If not and currently have access to the net download, install and run Malwarebytes:
Anti-Malware for your home and for your business

When the issue occurs and you cannot connect see if you can take a look at the Device manager and if any yellow question marks have appeared.

Have you considered trying 'System restore' and setting the machine back to before the problem started?

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Did you see any blue screens? if so please check this thread:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Did your HP come with Windows 10 pre-loaded from it, or did you upgrade from an earlier version of Windows such as Window7 or Windows8/8.1?

Along with the exact Model number of your HP, we really need a little more information from you in order to fix your problem. The information you gave us is sort of like calling your auto mechanic on the phone and saying: "My Chevy doesn't start and when it does, it just stalls out? Can you tell me how to fix it over the phone?????"

Since you have what we call a "Boot-loop", we really need to have this information.

In the meantime, you can follow kemical's suggestions and see if you get any good result.
The other thing I might mention is that I hope, if you haven't already done so, that you have a BACKUP OF ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA made somewhere; as repairing virus damage can sometimes cause irretrievable data loss,:eek: so it's best to be prepared prior to attempting virus detection and repair process. Some viruses behave nastily when you remove them from your computer, and as a nasty message to you for doing so they can delete some or all the information off of your computer!o_O

Thanks,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hey, sorry to be late on the progress, I'm pleased to inform you that the problem has been solved. Don't know exactly what was it that solved it. I did the MalwareBytes thing and also did the command prompt thing. Also, I had left it completely turned off for the second half of Saturday and the second half of Sunday. So don't know which one of those things was the one that fixed it. But yeah, it's solved. Thank you for your help. Have a nice day, guys ;) Will let you know should a new problem surface. Again, thanks

Hi Fernando,
thank you for the update. If any issues crop up again please post back.. :)

Back
Top Bottom