Windows 8 my laptop is not booting window hd

rahul kumar

my laptop is not booting properly. while installing window it shows it is lock first unlock it. and in diskpart there is only one drive ( disk 1) which has 22gb. but my laptop has 2 drive disk 0 which has the main window. but its not showing there.

Hi Rahul,
try booting from the actual windows 7 disk. You'll need to change the boot order so that you boot from DVD/CD-ROM when reaching the install page click 'Repair' and then follow the prompts..

Hi Rahul,
try booting from the actual windows 7 disk. You'll need to change the boot order so that you boot from DVD/CD-ROM when reaching the install page click 'Repair' and then follow the prompts..
i have tried this but repair is not done.
so tell me something else to get my drive back

Hi Rahul,
apologies as I said windows 7 above and we are clearly in the windows 8 section. Rahul take a look at this web page which is very close to what you described with a solution too:
http://caspan.com/2014/04/the-drive-where-windows-is-installed-is-locked/
i have loaded drivers successfully. but my drives are still not showing in list disk.
actually this problem started when i m trying to merge a deleted partition to a normal one by using AOIEMI software. but when i restarted the laptop. this software started working rest of merging in boot screen. after comlpetion i turned off my laptop. again i switched on my laptop. then after boot screen, there is only black screen with " loading system".

If you look in the bios do you see both drives?

Also can you post the make and model of your laptop please.

It sounds like your main Windows partition has been deleted but first let me know about the above.

Oh I see you have a large HDD (750GB) and you partitioned it yes?
It sounds very much like the main windows partition has been removed. If Windows is
If you have a Windows 8 install disk then I'd change the boot order and boot off that. I guess the only issue would be if your copy of windows was held in a partition and that was removed too?
Re-install Windows 8.
You can take care of any partitions during the install process or once you've installed use the storage manager via admin tools.

Oh I see you have a large HDD (750GB) and you partitioned it yes?
It sounds very much like the main windows partition has been removed. If Windows is
If you have a Windows 8 install disk then I'd change the boot order and boot off that. I guess the only issue would be if your copy of windows was held in a partition and that was removed too?
Re-install Windows 8.
You can take care of any partitions during the install process or once you've installed use the storage manager via admin tools.
actually it has gpt drives , so that window is not installing.

Try this install method to format the drive to gpt. It sounds like you lost the partitions so be ready to either remove or create new ones.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dn336946.aspx

I have to apologise as my system is still using the old Bios style and I've not yet used a UEFI bios or GPT partitions. This means at times I'm a little slow in this area.....

Is there any way you could get us a picture of your drive configurations with Aoiemi or some other partition management software? A camera works fine for taking such pictures.

Because of the way you describe your actions concerning merging the partitions it is hard to visualize what state your install is in. It does sound like the system was using some special drive configuration and the main drive is locked for some reason ...

I have seen a drive show as locked if you were trying to use one OS version (8.0) to manipulate a different OS version (8.1). But the pictures may help.

Attachments

• DskMgmt5.PNG
    DskMgmt5.PNG
    32.4 KB · Views: 325
Back
Top Bottom