Windows 10 My Laptop wont do wondows update

Curtis777

Guys i got the Build 1511 update some months ago and ever since then iv never been able to get wondows update they keep on filing any help please??

tried the` services` solution i got but it still failed :(

Please do the following if the troubleshooter doesn't work.

• Attempt a 'Windows Update' and note that time (down to the minute is fine)
  • Make note of any error codes and provide them as well (example 0x8024009)
  • Open an elevated powershell prompt (Click start button, type power, right-click powershell and select 'run as administrator'
  • Type the following command Get-WindowsUpdateLog -LogPath $env:userprofile\desktop\WU.txt -ForceFlush
  • Upload the wu.txt file located on your desktop when the command finishes.

It states that when i perform this action it will stop update orchestrator and windows update services ....should i go on??

since last night iv been trying to do windows update but the updates would freaze at 2% for hours and later on it fails and states Error 0x80200013

since last night iv been trying to do windows update but the updates would freaze at 2% for hours and later on it fails and states Error 0x80200013

Threads merged to save confusion. Please do not start multiple threads about the same issue.

8 means it's an error. That's obvious
0x20 = This is the background copy facility
0x0013 = Media is write protected

Someone is trying to write to a write protected media. You may need to download Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals and look for access denied messages during updates if that's when you get this message. If you have anti-virus/malware you may want to temporarily disable them and try again.

Could be an issue with BITS which is how Windows update download too.

Back