Windows 7 My Pictures Don't Show Up In Library

Jake1702

My pictures, which should be located at "C:\Users\Jake\My Pictures" don't show up in library. I tried adding it to the library manually, but every time I do that and close the window showing which folders are included, and I click on pictures, they don't show up. Instead it shows this folder (even though I've removed it, it keeps coming back.)

hDLTOwf.png

(Notice it says unavailable)

Hello,
Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and past the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter.
attrib -h "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\*.library-ms"

Close the command prompt.

4. Log off and log on, or restart the computer to apply.

Doesn't work.
Because you arn't in that account... the code computertech posted assumes (and defaults) the same %username% but you can run,
attrib "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\*.library-ms"
to show what library folders are in your account that you run the command from
lib.png

Because you arn't in that account... the code computertech posted assumes (and defaults) the same %username% but you can run,
attrib "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\*.library-ms"
to show what library folders are in your account that you run the command from
View attachment 29814
But the account doesn't even exist! It shows up in the "Users" folder but it says empty folder! Look!

5564d067c3c78.png

(Notice there is another folder like that) And also, I just realised that accounts like "Student", "Support", etc., this doesn't happen with them as they were created by the people who programmed the laptop. The ones like "Jake" and "StreetHax", they do happen in, as I made those accounts recently! And one more thing, should I delete the empty folders from the "Users" folder?!

Last edited:
I did mess around and cause the "Default" folder to show up recently. Could that be the cause of the problem?! And if I hide it again, will it be fixed?!

In my experence its, someone changed the computer name after activation or installed the os from an old back up image... at this point your best options are;
1. Remove the other accounts from your control panel interface... assumes you have at least a admin account and this system isn't still on a network with your school/ work or,
2. do a reinstall of Windows.

What other accounts?! You mean the one that has an empty folder?! That's what I'm trying to explain! The account doesn't exist! And it's a school laptop, so they actually just programmed one laptop and copied the entire hard drive to the others. My friends don't have this problem.

What other accounts?! You mean the one that has an empty folder?

The blank folders you see on the hdd is irrelevant… what IS important is: are there any extra accounts at your registry end?
users.png

The path is <control panel< Administrative tools< computer management< Local users and groups< Users… for 7 there should be at least 4 entries;
1. Administrator
2. Homegroup (optional but recommended)
3. Guest (sometimes disabled but don’t ever delete it)
4. Your account name

Nevermind, I seem to have fixed it! I clicked where it says "Includes: 2 locations" and removed that one because I deleted the folder and I added back my one manually. I did this before and it didn't work but this time I set it as default save location and it seems to have worked. I'll make sure by checking the next time I restart my computer!

Back