Windows 7 my view on windows 7

wickd

I have had windows 7 32 bit now for about a week and I havent experienced any issue that I wouldnt have dealt with in a previous version.. The only thing I'm not enjoying is that there isnt a flash plug in for firefox yet, hopefully they get their butts in gear and make one!:rolleyes: I have enjoyed my experience with windows 7.. I think its a less blogged down version of vista, which I couldnt stand it for the simple fact that it takes 3gigs just to run it. I love how it lets you know that it downloaded updates and when its going to install them. The start menu is almost perfect I like how it hides everything and its neat and filed away .. organized.. Everything seems to have its own lil place.. Its user friendly and even the most novice person can work it smoothly. It boots up fast .. I really dont have any complaints except the 300 dollar price tag .. Although if windows 7 continues working like it does I will glady pay it just to experience windows without all the crashes and blue screens.. Go Microsoft! I think you finally got it right this time :p

I haven't had any issues with Firefox and Flash, though I am running 64bit as well. If you go to the adobe flash site and download the flash install executable it doesn't work? Post up some details, we should be able to get it working for you.

I am having the same problem with Flash on firefox. I downloaded and installed adobe flash 10 and IE will allow episodes of television programs to run but firefox wont run them - says I need flash and have to enable java (its enabled). Any ideas

Flash works fine for me as well in Firefox

however, when I went to Adobe's flash player site the last time in Firefox, it directed you to some other page and no download was available.

i have no idea what's up with that.

flash works fine for me as well in firefox

however, when i went to adobe's flash player site the last time in firefox, it directed you to some other page and no download was available.

I have no idea what's up with that.
yeah that is what im talking about .. There is no download available.. And im using the 32 bit not 64

flash

I am using 64 bit win 7 - flash is installerd but it says I need plug in bit cant install or find it. Gotta b something with firefox

Well like I said I'm finding it to be best windows version by far and that has been my only issue, I think it could still use a few minor improvements yet but its got my reccommendation

Just to be clear, those of you running the x64 version are still using the 32 bit version of your browser with flash correct? I still do not get flash in a 64 bit browser as Adobe has not released one yet that I can find.

Im using 64bit 7 and all my flash plugins work on all my web browsers, except for the 64bit IE. Im not sure if there is one for that yet, but i dont use it so I dont care.

I assume that all of your browsers are 32 bit? I tried to use flash in both the x64 version of IE and the x64 version of Firefox without success. If you got flash working in the x64 Firefox can you tell me how please?

I assume that all of your browsers are 32 bit? I tried to use flash in both the x64 version of IE and the x64 version of Firefox without success. If you got flash working in the x64 Firefox can you tell me how please?

No, which is the main reason why I dont use 64bit browsers.

I don't think there is a 64bit version of Firefox, just IE. And I never use 64bit IE, there's currently no advantages to it, just disadvantages. I use the standard 32bit Firefox and it works great for me.

Back