Windows 7 MySQL error of some sort

julio99

I clicked on a link to "subscribe to a person's site" and I got this error."You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1". I don't have a clue how to fix this. I don't know what manual they are talking about or where to go to see the error. I was using Firefox 5 in Windows 7 HP x64. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds to me that the error is not something that you can address on the client side of the transaction. It's more likely an issue with the site administrator's subscription form and how it's linking to the SQL back end database when adding subscribers.
Perhaps contacting the site through email and informing them of your issue will produce an answer as to what might be causing this error.
Have you tried the same thing using a different browser just to make sure that it's not something unique to Firefox 5?

Sounds to me that the error is not something that you can address on the client side of the transaction. It's more likely an issue with the site administrator's subscription form and how it's linking to the SQL back end database when adding subscribers.
Perhaps contacting the site through email and informing them of your issue will produce an answer as to what might be causing this error.
Have you tried the same thing using a different browser just to make sure that it's not something unique to Firefox 5?

Thank you my friend. I feel a bit better now that I know it's not a hiccup that I caused.

It is true that any MySQL error relayed to you from a website that is verbose is, in fact, a flaw in the design of the website. Since a general error message should always be passed before a MySQL error is even allowed to be generated, this is a design flaw in general. It very likely has nothing to do with your configuration or even the input values you are placing on a given form. A MySQL syntax error means that the MySQL code being sent to the MySQL (structured query language database) server is syntaxed, or written, incorrectly. This code is likely sent by the HTML scripting language: On Windows Server IIS this is usually ASP and on Linux systems it is PHP. As Randy says, it has nothing to do with your data, but how the server is handling it. I am simply elaborating on the cause and effect.

Back