Windows 7 Need a help!!!

Virgis

I have Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5 GHz CPU (guess taht is 64 bit), 4 GB ram, 500 GB hard drive. Try to instal Windows 7. It takes about forever (~8 hours). Aftre taht, try install audio driver. It takes about half hour. I afraid instal software such as Office or Adobe's. Whats going on? Can somebody solutions?

With that CPU and ram, as Drew says, about 15, or tops 20 minutes for the whole thing. Top suspect would be you installation DVD or drive. (How do other DVD,s react in the same drive?)

Try going to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager and see if there are any yellow flags next to any entries

I think Drew asked the perect question.............

The Windows 7 you are installing... a disc? where did that come from? Store bought, downloaded, burnt?

Last edited:
I have Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5 GHz CPU (guess taht is 64 bit), 4 GB ram, 500 GB hard drive. Try to instal Windows 7. It takes about forever (~8 hours). Aftre taht, try install audio driver. It takes about half hour. I afraid instal software such as Office or Adobe's. Whats going on? Can somebody solutions?

You did a clean install of 7, correct ? Whether clean install or upgrade, unplug all the external devices including network cable, modems, printers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 hours is hard to believe, are you sure it does take that long ? Did it also take much time to install your previous versions of windows ?

In theory, it can take that long if your installation disk is corrupted or if your DVD drive is malfunctioning. If you have hard drives connected in a RAID, it may be the cause due to smth with your RAID controller.

In Windows 7, try to copy large blocks of data (e.g. 500 Mb) from one place of hard drive to another, to see if your hard drive is working fast enough.

You must answer the questions.Where did you get the instalation disc. The problem is nothing to do with Windows 7 it was the easiesty OS I have ever installed and as said took 15 mins to instal. If your disk is ok then you must tell us how was the computer before you installed windows 7. Its not easy to solve these problemsd without having the computer involved on the desk.

I did everything. Same sh... Maybe may DVD connect through USB, becose if i insert any CD or DVD (and i use USB Disc Security) always appears USB Disc Security window (same, as i insert USB stick). And: why Windows 7 not to do disk format, like Windows XP) (by the way: Windows XP i install on the fly). Maybe i can put Windows 7 on D partition and try to insttall from that?

You did a clean install of 7, correct ? Whether clean install or upgrade, unplug all the external devices including network cable, modems, printers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 hours is hard to believe, are you sure it does take that long ? Did it also take much time to install your previous versions of windows ?

In theory, it can take that long if your installation disk is corrupted or if your DVD drive is malfunctioning. If you have hard drives connected in a RAID, it may be the cause due to smth with your RAID controller.

In Windows 7, try to copy large blocks of data (e.g. 500 Mb) from one place of hard drive to another, to see if your hard drive is working fast enough.

1. Perhaps it is the USB Disc (Security) that's slowing you down so much ?

2. If you boot with the installation DVD and do a clean install, you can create/delete partitions as well as to quick format them.

I think you have a bad or pirated DVD . Buy one from a reputable dealer,

Last edited:
No. I start Install from boot.

Exactly, if you start install from boot and if the DVD is a 7 installation DVD, NOT an upgrade DVD, then you can manage partitions including format them.

Please give us some info, is it retail/oem version or is it upgrade ? Did you get it from Microsoft or their partners ?

I think you need to click Drive Options :

Windows7-2008-11-04-14-55-06.jpg

Windows7-2008-11-04-14-55-10.jpg

http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/514412-windows-7-installation-guide-tutorial.html

Back