Windows 7 Need Drivers BADLY! Intel Chipset and ADD2 DVO Card

Pixel

Hey all,
I have tried every available searching combination, sites etc.. but i cannot find a solution to my problem.:frown::frown::frown:
I have an intel 915p/915g chipset and i really need drivers that would work on windows 7.
I think i found them but im not entirely sure.. it was an INF package, the thing is.. i also need the graphics driver.. what i have installed now is some "standard vga adapter" driver and that wouldnt do enough. the whole windows 7 graphics are disabled and i'd really like them.
I dont remember its name but the intel graphics drivers also had a graphics adapter application that let me tweak and configure all sorts of esttings on the card. i need that as well to tweak some settings of my dual monitor set up.

Besides the intel chipset i also have a silicon image siI1364 add-2 dvi transmitter card, i use it to dual monitor in my office.
Ever since i installed windows 7 i dont have that card working, windows update didnt help at all.. im really stuck and i cant find a driver for this card anywhere on the net, nor for windows vista.

any help with those two things would be GREATLY appreciated, it really ruins the day for me and if i wont find a solution ill need to reinstall windows xp, as i cant work in the office with only 1 monitor.

p.s: i dont mind if the chipset drivers are vista ones, as long as their graphics adapter application works.

Thanks everyone! :redface:

Hi,
for your chipset/graphics go here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Your transmitter card is another matter though anf I've pasted this here to show you why:

The SiI 1364 ADD2 card has a small 2.6" x 5" profile and is available with either a standard or low-profile PCI-Express bracket, enabling installation in any PC form factor. It is software compatible with the Intel 915G BIOS and drivers.

The above was taken from here:
http://www.siliconimage.com/news/releasedetails.aspx?id=239

All may not be lost though, If I understand the above correctly then your chipset drivers will contain the correct software for the above. Just use the link provided to find the correct version for your needs..
Post back if you need further help..:)

Hey,
First of all thanks for the fast help, i got into that website already, the problem is that when you click on the download links it runs the "intel driver update utility" which automatically detects your system etc.. when it does that it fails saying i dont have a compatible OS then it send me to the support page.. but there i cannot download it either, i dont remember what the reason was but i couldnt get to the files i needed anywhere on their webpage :(

Hi,
no worries...
I did some checking and it looks like your gonna have to use vista drivers:
32bit: Download Search Results

64bit: Download Search Results

If I've missed anything let me know..
Just to add it looks like the graphics driver is in the inf download..

Last edited:
Hey There,
I got to that page as well, i downloaded the inf, that didn't change a thing.
I tried manual upgrade of the "Standard vga adapteR" and the other cards unidentified device (it does say video adapter though).
After that didnt work i searched for "intel chipset windows 7" and i found even more updated inf files for windows 7 specifically, ive also installed that and it didnt change a thing..

i wonder, maybe " Intel® Embedded Graphics Drivers (IEGD) " is going to make this whole thing work??

I dont think thats what im looking for as i even had an intel application on windows xp that as said i could tweak all sort of settings, like make make the dvi the primary and the other the secondary, etc..

Yup I was looking at that too.... I'm not sure if it's designed to be used in the way that your thinking but hey, you just never know..
Is there a Intel forum you could try I wonder? I'll check.. lol I remembered this place anyway Link Removed - Invalid URL it's a good tech forum so you may get more joy there?

Back
Top Bottom