Windows 10 Need fix: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

Hiram

Extraordinary Member
I've had my HP Laptop for a week. Today I noticed the above message. I consulted Google and apparently it's a common bug, corrected through running "gpedit.msc". But then I got a message that Windows couldn't find "gpedit.msc". I consulted Google again and found out that Global Policy Editor is not enabled in Windows 10 Home.
So, I tried a number of fixes I found to enable "gpedit.msc" but none work.

By the way, I wanted to attach a couple of screenshots here. I tried with my never-failed-before Gadwin Print Screen program and with various keyboard shortcuts, and I can't take any screenshots either. I took the attachments with my phone camera.

Can someone please help? I want to get ride of the topic message and I do use screenshots a lot.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20191003_172808.jpg
    20191003_172808.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 251
  • 20191003_172901.jpg
    20191003_172901.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 260
OK, guys. After a Windows Update, the Print Screen function returned. In as far as the title issue above, this is the link to the fix I found. Everything is back-to-normal. Praise God!

[Note: It's the "Disabling Lock Screen in Windows 10 without using Group Policy Editor". The "NoLockScreen" value in #4 should be 0, not 1.]

gpedit.msc is only available as part of Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education editions. It's still possible to apply policies but via the registry and they are stored at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies and under that will be Microsoft\Windows\Personalization. If there are values listed here then they will cause that "managed by organization" message. Deleting the values under Personalization and rebooting will get rid of that message.

gpedit.msc is only available as part of Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education editions. It's still possible to apply policies but via the registry and they are stored at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies and under that will be Microsoft\Windows\Personalization. If there are values listed here then they will cause that "managed by organization" message. Deleting the values under Personalization and rebooting will get rid of that message.
Once again you are a lifesaver. I really appreciate your help and detail. Many blessings to you.

Back