Need hel deciding on new mobo/cpu

I meant to mention that I already know, I'll need new DDR4 ram.
I want to get the mobo out of the way next month. The cpu in October. 1 video card in November. The other one in December. The ram in January 16 or 32gb. kit. A Samsung 850 Pro or EVO 512gb m.2 ssd in February or March.
Then I'll upgrade to 10 Pro.
I can only afford 1 $200.00+ part per month.

I’d wait a while longer for a WX motherboard… as opposed to a W8.1 motherboard with a patch.

If money is the only concern then yes there will be some specials as manufactures’ push the old stock out the door but if you want a system that will last you another 5 years then you really want support for the new direct X

p.s. an Asus laptop is a nice cheap stop-gap if you NEED a new system now... they start at about $300-400

Actually, I'm not looking for a laptop. Actually got rid of the one I had a while back. For me it's more of ditching AMD, as there chipset, etc. is old and stale.That and now a few ports on my mobo are starting to fail.As I'm on disability, what I've listed is all I can afford. It will take until some time next year before I can have all of it.I'm just hoping the Intel i7 6700K is in my range when they release it.I've noticed one thing on the i5 6600K that I don't like. No hyper-threading on it.
I think I'm going to be getting the mobo next month and the cpu in October. Then I'll have a Corsair H100i left, the Samsung 850 Pro 512GB ssd, a new case, a new psu and the 2 EVGA GeForce 970 4GB's left to get. I'm also going to be getting a 2nd USB 3.0 drive for File History. Preferably not a Seagate this time, as they have no on/off switch on them.Pain in the ass having to unplug every time I'm done making a image on my current Seagate one.

I've noticed one thing on the i5 6600K that I don't like. No hyper-threading on it.
Basically that's why it get's the 'i5' moniker. i7 is the hyper threaded enabled chip and i3 being the budget version.

Need advice between 3 mobo's and 2 new Intel Skylake cpu's first before I decide.
if you don't need to overclock the chip I'd go with
of those three picks because that gives you some wake-lan options which may be handy down the road when this system isn't up for gaming any more it can be repurposed into a server with solid remote access options.

Yeah. I've got until the 3rd to decide. It's either going to be the Asrock mobo or a Asus Maximus VIII Hero. I am going to oc eventually, plus I like that the Maximus has SupremeFX on it. My Logitech 5.1's will sound even better. As far as the ram I'm gonna be getting 16GB's of probably DDR4 2400 or 26oo/2666.From what I've heard the Skylake Core i7 6700K is supposed to be aroung $350.00.
That will be my November or December purchase (Christmas price drops/sales).

This comment is probably out of left-field. But, IMO you can't go wrong with ASUS Motherboards. They are the top of the line for both Home built as well as Business built systems. Also, I believe the ASRock Motherboards are built by an acquired company, now a sub-label for ASUS. Seen some press releases about that, but it's still unconfirmed. The Wikipedia article here confirms the rumor of the ASRock label: ASRock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Several folks I've helped recently on various Tech Forums have self-built PCs using ASRock Motherboards, and seem to like them. No one I personally know uses them; but, they've got a good heritage if the Wikipedia article is correct, and all boards made by ASUS are pretty good.

Best of luck getting the new system built, :thumbs_up:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back