Windows 7 Network adapter repeatedly disconnecting.

Ringo

I'm having a problem with staying connected to my network with my Windows 7 PC. I have several other machines running XP and a laptop with Vista none of which are experiancing the problem.

Basically what happens is the network adapter drops the connection whenever there's a high amount of throughput. Streaming media, transfering files, gaming, download all do it. Browsing is totally stable but as soon as I try to download a few things or move some stuff around the network it disconnects.

It's a Linksys AG241v2 with the Pheonix Firmware and an Asus Crosshair in the PC. I've tried sifting through the forums but none of the solutions have worked so far. Anyone got any ideas?

I can confirm i have the same problem. For me it seems as if i put more than one thing to download/stream and the connection gets to max load something goes haywire. The Network loses connection. If I'm just running one program at max DL at a time it runs fine.

Hmm, Will have to see if i can find some drivers, read a guy who said manually installing drivers might be better than those driver packages.
I run a Asus P5N-T Deluxe Motherboard - 780i Nforce, and am running the ethernet on it. The router is a zyxel (something) but am almost certain that it is not the router which is the problem.

I'll report if i find anything.

I can confirm i have the same problem. For me it seems as if i put more than one thing to download/stream and the connection gets to max load something goes haywire. The Network loses connection. If I'm just running one program at max DL at a time it runs fine.

Hmm, Will have to see if i can find some drivers, read a guy who said manually installing drivers might be better than those driver packages.
I run a Asus P5N-T Deluxe Motherboard - 780i Nforce, and am running the ethernet on it. The router is a zyxel (something) but am almost certain that it is not the router which is the problem.

I'll report if i find anything.

Yeah this is exactly it. One thing maxing out the connection is fine, doesn't disconnect. As soon as you do anything else while that is happening however, the adapter has a nervous breakdown. I'm using the Windows 7 drivers from the Nvidia website and the Crosshair is a 590i SLi.

nforce 590 sli networking unidentified network asus crosshair nvidia

I recently installed the RTM of Win 7 64 bit. Everything went smooth and it activated fine. Microsoft drivers worked great. Something happened and now I can't get an IP from my router with the built in Asus Crosshair network adapter. I have no idea what went wrong. Tried the newest nforce drivers for win 7 to no avail. I keep getting the 169. ip assigned when dhcp doesn't work and assigning a manual ip on the network gets me nowhere. Status shows my network adapter is not receiving any packets whatsoever. I can't find anything about it. If anyone is running win7 with asus crosshair please reply.

Last edited:
Back