Windows 7 Network constantly changing between Unidentified Public Network and Home

bradlesliect

Hi,

Rather desperate right now.

Home network with Wifi and ethernet. Using 3x Notebooks and 3x workstations.

Problem:
One of the workstations(W7 ultimate) keeps changing between Public and Home. When this happens, the internet connection dies. I cannot see other workstations either when on public network. Workstation using wifi. Does the same on cable. When it changes to Public, it disconnects from the internet and I cannot get to the router even though it has the workstation has an IP(DHCP or static). Default gateway and subnet is correct. TCP v4 is being used and nothing else is enabled.

Why is this happening?

- I have tried DHCP as well as Static addresses
- Reconfigured NIC(Netgear WG311T), uninstalled and reinstalled it.
- Removed Wifi connection and re-added it.
- Changed auth type, encryption type and keys to connection

Have I covered everything?

The only thing different is that I installed a new router - Duo Plus 300wr. It cannot be the router because all the other notebooks connect to it wireless and so does my iPad, Android device and tablet...so it rules that out?

Next.....?

:(

Thanks for any help you guys are able to offer. Appreciate it.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Determine the firmware version your new Router is currently using and check with the manufacturer and see if there is an update available.
On the problem machine;
Check for the presence of mDNSreponder.exe
Open the services console Click the StartOrb-> and type
services.msc
and hit enter
scroll as necessary and attempt to locate either or both
"Bonjour Service" or a service identified by a text string similar to ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##
If either or both are present, double click them, change the startup type to disabled and click the stop button.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Determine the firmware version your new Router is currently using and check with the manufacturer and see if there is an update available.
On the problem machine;
Check for the presence of mDNSreponder.exe

Hi,

Didn't work.

- No Bonjour found in services
- No string found in services

Did the following:
- Removed network
- Uninstalled wifi card
- Disabled AV

Reboot and try again. Still nothing

What else can it be? Router?

The only thing different is that I installed a new router - Duo Plus 300wr.

What else can it be? Router?

Think I already mentioned that, that might be worth considering.
Additionally can you do an
ipconfig /all | clip
when the problem is present and paste the results into your next post.

Back
Top Bottom