Windows 7 Network folder and internet no connection after changing workgroup name.

mingkay

Hi,

I mapped 2 network drives on my pc it was perfectly fine until i changed my workgroup name, the 2 network drives too slow to open and sometimes not responding. I also could not connect internet and unable to receive email. Flushing dns and unplugging LAN cable sometimes works but i don't think this is the right solution. I need help how to solve this issue. Thanks.

If both systems where on the same workgroup and are no longer, that could potentially cause an issue with the mapped drives. You may need to simply re-map them. The workgroup setting should have no impact on a system accessing the internet unless you are using connection sharing through another computer which now-a-days is very rare. I would download the script here. The next time you have internet connectivity issues run the script and upload the log created on the desktop. Network Diagnostic Information

Yup, that would do it as Neem says. Pour qoi the workgroup name change? Do you have multiple computers in each of 2 or more Workgroups in your home network? Such as a 1st floor workgroup and a 2nd floor workgroup? Why did you change it? In any case, change it back!! You need to do some reading on how LANs work such as this excellent book here: Home Networking For Dummies, 3rd Edition:Book Information - For Dummies

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back