Windows 7 Network ID: can't change to home computer

journeymsn

Hi, i have a strange :(
i run win 7 ultimate 64 and in Network ID, when i change the initial setting (this computer is part of a business network) to: this is a home computer, and prompts me to restart, the system reverts to the first setting (business network).
I ve done this procedure many times, even in safe mode but the problem persists.

any solution???

If Zvit's suggestions do not help, some business computers have built in chips that are basically controlled from the corporate environment. Since I don't work in that environment, I can't say what to do about that.

But have you tried setting up another network to use at home?

If you are trying to connect to your business network using a home network, maybe setting up the public firewall and other options might help, or some other method of connecting.

Hi, thanks for your answers.
To clear things, i have a total of 3 pcs running the same version of win 7 ultimate (1 is x64, other 2 are x86).
the x86 pc's are working ok and shares everything in the network, but the x64 refuses to see the home group.
The above suggestions didn't work for me and to be honest, although the Homegroup just seemed very easy to set up, i would prefer a more reliable and efficient home network.
Is there any tutorial in setting another network to use at home?

Back
Top Bottom