Windows 7 Network suddenly disconnecting

Daron

I was on my other computer one day and it suddenly disconnected me from the internet. I couldn't connect ever since. Other people seems to have no problem with it expect for me. From now on I can't even detect any networks. My computer worked perfectly before.

Check you network devices and device manager to see if they show as ok. Also check your ip configuration - go to command prompt and enter: ipconfig /all.

There seems to be a bit of a rash of these types of posts here recently.
I'm wondering if some of these members are letting Windows Update apply what might be less than optimal drivers for their wireless cards and that a simple roll back of drivers in device manager might help.
Just a thought.

The automatic checks and downloads of drivers has always been a bit of a problem of course - that's why we constantly recommend manually checking and downloading from the manufacturer's site. Whilst a number of these sorts of problems have linked to users setting windows update to automatic download and installation many more have been down to a range of other issues - quite a nice mix in fact which keeps us all out of mischief and interested in what the latest challenges are in the new forum posts.

Back
Top Bottom