Windows Vista new computer wit vista, no windows vista cd...

driftin_out

hay, my dad bought a new laptop with windows vista.
but there was no window vista installation cd....:confused:
i called up the place wer he bought the computer from, and they said i can just copy the installation files from the computer hdd....
so i tried to find how to copy these files..but no good
any1 got any ideas wat he was talking about?
or was he lik just talking about a recovery system..etc...
because i want this cd, so i can install vista on my computer.....
any ideas would b great...
thanks

No CD

Well normally now a days they don't come with a cd unless you custom build a computer and you request one. Even if you got a cd, it most likely wouldn't be a good idea. As it would probably have the drivers preloaded for that particular computer. As I bought a new computer and it didn't come with a cd, but it came with a Vista Recovery Partition which will do the same thing as the cd. But it is stored on the harddrive. So I guess in your case you are either going to have to do some *cough* downloading *cough* or buy the cd your self.

These days laptops do not come with a disk at all. There is usually, and this varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, a programme that will burn a set of system restore disks for you. Some manufacturers ahave programmes that allow you to backup your current configuration with installed software and the like.

If you can't find this programme contact either the store you got the laptop from or the manufacturer. You can also check on your hard drive. Ths s frquently partitioned into two, the second partition often contains the backup files (not: you may have to turn on the ability to view hiden files).

hay, my dad bought a new laptop with windows vista.
but there was no window vista installation cd....:confused:
i called up the place wer he bought the computer from, and they said i can just copy the installation files from the computer hdd....
so i tried to find how to copy these files..but no good
any1 got any ideas wat he was talking about?
or was he lik just talking about a recovery system..etc...
because i want this cd, so i can install vista on my computer.....
any ideas would b great...
thanks

These days laptops do not come with a disk at all. There is usually, and this varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, a programme that will burn a set of system restore disks for you. Some manufacturers ahave programmes that allow you to backup your current configuration with installed software and the like.

If you can't find this programme contact either the store you got the laptop from or the manufacturer. You can also check on your hard drive. Ths s frquently partitioned into two, the second partition often contains the backup files (not: you may have to turn on the ability to view hiden files).

so ur tellin me, that the windows vista instalations files r on the computer,o the hard-drive somewer...and i can just burn them to disc?
so the actual instalations files?
is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom