Windows 7 NEW FOLDER BUTTON - NO RESPONSE

cwaite1

In explorer when trying to get a new folder the new folder button looks as if it is working but does not ever provide a new folder. I have to empty an existing folder, rename it, and move it to the folder where I want it. Also as I type this the spacebar does not work and I will have to go back and insert the space to make this post readable. Bummer.:(

Start off by checking for malware. Then, other suggestions can be made.

If, it's Windows 7, New Folder can be created by Ctrl+Shift+N

And check the keyboard batteries regarding the spacebar.

Drew

Start off by checking for malware. Then, other suggestions can be made.

If, it's Windows 7, New Folder can be created by Ctrl+Shift+N

And check the keyboard batteries regarding the spacebar.

Drew
I'vehadthisproblemformonthsandMalwarebyteshasbeenrunning for a year. AQlsoIhaverunitinamanualmodeoften. Over the months I have tried everything I can think of other than reinstalling Win7. That will be more bother than it is worth.
Ctrl+Shift+Nisnonresponsive.
ThekeyboardisUSB.
IamrunningWin7 64onbastardizedDell4core6G
Andthespaacebaris nonresponsiveandso ispaste. CTL+Vworks.the space bar problem works now when I have gone back to insert this line.
Ihavesearchedservicesandtheregisteryforthefolderproblemandseenothingthatisobivioustomylimitedknowledge.

ButwhenIaddthislinethespacebardoesn'twork
Thanksforyourreply. You'remylasthope.

Does the space bar problem happen all the time or just in certain applications?

Have you tried updating the drivers for your mouse and keyboard?

Have you tried changing USB ports?

Have you turned the keyboard upside down and gently tapped so as to remove any foreign matter?

Are you running a Dell or HP system?

I have never had this problem other than yesterday on this site. The work around is to type my name and then type my message above it.

Cole
Asyoucanseethespacebardoesnotworkbelowmyname, butonlyonthissite!
Thank you and Drew foryourreplies

Cole, is this happening in Windows 8 or Windows 7? I know there is a glitch (a bug) in this site ONLY when writing here if using Windows 8. Although, not what you are seeing... just won't move to a new line. But, no matter, @ least your weird scenario is only in this forum... better than doing it all the time, everywhere. Drew

Back