Windows 10 New items in latest build.

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I have found quite a large number of new items in the PCSettings, with an asterisk. Not working in my case, so they are possibly for future updates.

Last edited:
I don't have the build 9841 to compare, but it seems to me there are more options under PC Settings now than before.
Such as : Battery saver. Don't recall I saw that before. Maybe it was there in build 9841, I just did not pay enough attention before.

Would someone still using build 9841 compare yours with mine ? Thank you.

Image 2.jpg

There are a couple of new features within those items also. . For example, you can now choose to be notified "fast" for future builds.

Untitled.png

So, 2 more are added. 2 that I have no use of.

Under the similar subject......
MS claims to have 7000 improvements in this new build.
Apart from the Notification icon showing up at the Notification area, my 6 years old laptop fails to benefit from any of the "improvements".
Another hohum.

Last edited:
Well, I think they are under that mysterious hood that we hear about. I confess, I am still looking for a few more obvious ones. I have actually already encountered one or two bugs which did not exist before.

Hi

I don't know if the option to make the Start Menu type etc, bigger was in the last version or not.

I only discovered it today, but a lot of people were asking how to make it bigger and no one seemed to have an answer, so it may be new.

PC Settings, PC and Devices, Display, More Options.

Mike

I am having some of the problems/bugs, referred to in the MS Blog. As this is an early build, I have decided I have Three choices.
1. Go back to the earlier build - rather pointless. 2. Struggle along with it - rather pointless. 3. Continue in Windows 8.1, for the time being, and hang around for the next build.
I am taking number 3 option.

So far I'm not having any problems, I've opened all my games and software and everything is working.
I'm not sure what the reported bugs are, I'll see if I can find that and then see if I can confirm whether I'm having the problems or not.

Trind looking for MS Blog and I got MS. Magazine and Multiple Sclerosis.

Has anyone noticed that it's getting a lot harder to find what you want when searching anymore?
I sometimes get results that seem to have nothing at all to do with what I'm searching for.

Mike

Hi

Well I do see that the Skype App won't open, however I use Skype for the desktop and it works normally.
I don't see most of the other bugs people are reporting like missing type etc.

One of the reasons that I'm probably not seeing some of the issues it that I don't use any of the Windows apps.
Everything from browsers and email clients etc, are installed software and they all work fine.

Anyone think it kind of weird that when I first open Internet Explorer I get a page asking my to install Google Chrome? LOL

Anyway I haven't run into anything that affects how I use my computer.

Looking farther I do find that things like the Sound Recorder app don't work because it doesn't see my microphone, and it has no dialog to tell it what microphone I'm using of resolve the issue.

How simplistic can they get these applications, this has none of the options of the old Sound Recorder.

They have really dumbed down a lot of these things.

That was the problem with the Windows 8 apps, they had none of the functionality that the older software had.

I guess this was because people using touchpads need the apps but people who use PCs use more sophisticated alternatives.

If I seem to be rambling it's because I'm working my way through these things while I type this.
Otherwise I would forget what I was doing by the time I got here. One of the problems with being 76. LOL

If I open Sound Recorder through the normal Widows accessory menu it works fine, though it lacks the options of the old version.

Opening Mouse and Keyboard Center doesn't take me to anything that lets me make any adjustments to my mouse at all.
The only way I can get to my mouse settings it through the traditional Control Panel showing icons.

It seems that most of the modern app style interfaces don't really do much of anything.

If you just work in the traditional way, as I do you don't notice that there are any problems.
As long as I'm using the same software and way of getting to things it works just as I expect it to.

I guess this is good for us oldtimers, but it's not much of an incentive to use the modern apps.

Anyone know what the Docking Controller app is supposed to do?
It just opens a blank window.

Mike

I just spent a half hour going through the Feedback app telling them all the things I think need attention. I hop someone actually reads them.

Last edited:
"I guess this is good for us oldtimers, but it's not much of an incentive to use the modern apps."
That includes me, I guess.
But, whatever age, Your extracted sentence here sums up some of my posts. At this very early stage, whatever and however small the problems may be, they must be ironed out 100% before I can recommend the next OS to any potential buyers. Easier for them to stay with Windows 8.1 or whatever.
In my own case, of course, the fun is trying to find ways to circumnavigate any problems.

Back
Top Bottom