Windows 10 new ssd 2TB hard drive

ctdigger

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, C55-A5172. Had win 8.1 but electronically updated to win 10. the hdd died so I replaced it with a ssd 2TB ranxiana model S101.
I have physically installed the new drive into the laptop. I do not know how to recover my win 10 to load back on to the drive. Since win 10 was an free upgrade from win 8.1 electronic download I don't have a activation key. Help getting my laptop up and running again would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance for the help.
ctdigger

If you have the Windows 8.x key, install Windows 10 and enter that key it should activate. If the system has an embedded license in the firmware then you can just install Windows 10, skip the install activation and it should just activate.

If you have the Windows 8.x key, install Windows 10 and enter that key it should activate. If the system has an embedded license in the firmware then you can just install Windows 10, skip the install activation and it should just activate.
since win 10 was a free upgrade from win 8.1 electronic download I don't have a activation key for the win 8.1

If you sign into the compute with an MSA ( email ) and not a local account it may be tied to that account, so it should activate.

Windows restore points should be! My friend restored the system after a serious accident, but I don’t even know how to do it)))))

Back