Windows 7 No Games for me on 7rc

Tasmac

windows 7 32bit and 64bit

1. Dungeon siege, Dungeon siege II (all of them) wont install

2. Neverwinter nights 2 (all of them) install but cant find my graphics card so game crashes (unable to detect a vidieo card w/hardware 3d acceleration)

3. Legend hand of god installs and plays fo 2 minutes then crashes due to directx issues (DX9_modelset: cannot lock vertex buffer)

4. Hellgate installs and plays......but game no longer has suport (figures)

Microsoft I dont blame you for developing better platforms, you needed them badly. make no mistake windows 7 is great secure easy to use, But it will mean nothing for gamers. the games listed above are some of my favorites. i have more but grow tired of trying useless installs when its obvious that there flaws in the graphics end, according to most of the post.
I used the beta form of windows 7 games worked, what Happend?

SYSTEM
I7 965
nvidia 285 hydrocopper (sli)
X58 Classified

any help is appriciated

Last edited:

2. Neverwinter nights 2 (all of them) install but cant find my graphics card so game crashes (unable to detect a vidieo card w/hardware 3d acceleration)

3. Legend hand of god installs and plays fo 2 minutes then crashes due to directx issues (DX9_modelset: cannot lock vertex buffer)

Microsoft I dont blame you for developing better platforms, you needed them badly. make no mistake windows 7 is great secure easy to use, But it will mean nothing for gamers. the games listed above are some of my favorites. i have more but grow tired of trying useless installs when its obvious that there flaws in the graphics end, according to most of the post.
I used the beta form of windows 7 games worked, what Happend?

SYSTEM
I7 965
nvidia 285 hydrocopper (sli)
X58 Classified

any help is appriciated

Some things to try;
Try installing different graphics drivers for win 7,theres like 3 or 4 .Download direct X and try then, pull graphics card and reinstall.(hey it works somtimes)...Also I assume you know about compatibility modes, addminstration and all that..Right?

Some things to try;
Try installing different graphics drivers for win 7,theres like 3 or 4 .Download direct X and try then, pull graphics card and reinstall.(hey it works somtimes)...Also I assume you know about compatibility modes, addminstration and all that..Right?

yuppers tried all of those, except pulling the hydrocoppers..might try that. I was just woundering what they (microsoft) changed from the beta form to this release? and why:confused:

well, that didnt work either:frown: still get that "STRING ERROR_DX_INSTALL was not found in string table" when neverwinter Nights 2 installs and searches to make sure directx is installed:mad:
very frustrating..........and everytime i go to reinstall a game in a diferent manner, Either for combatibility setting or a different version of directx. there is of course a 20 t0 30 digit key code to type in.
I still own windows 98, windows 2000, xp, xp sp2, vista......for that matter ms dos 3.2 and up to ms dos 6.0 and this has to be the most frustrating. thanks for the help think ill call it a night. back to the drawing board tomorrow:D

Last edited:

all those issues -less the first one- seems to be a driver problem.... try updating your windows, sometimes that works too =) good luck

Same Problem Here.

I tried:

1. Assasins Creed

2. Fear

3. Command and Conquer 3 - Tiberium Wars

in all 3 Games Windows crashes Completly after about 20 minutes.

Screens went black and tthe sounds going mad.

My System:
Win 7 RC 64 bit
8600 GT GeForce 1024 MB
2 Gig memory
6000+ Dual Core

I Already tried diffrent drivers for Graphics card.

Nothing works.

Please Help

Back