Windows 7 No internet after W7 upgrade from Vista

jimbob64

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 7 home premium from Vista HP and throughout the upgrade it was connected to the internet fine and got all the latest updates until it finished upgrading and now it says there is no internet access and im not sure why.

It connected to a netgear wireless router via ethernet but I cant even get onto the router through IE8, just will not get any connection at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,

Jim

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 7 home premium from Vista HP and throughout the upgrade it was connected to the internet fine and got all the latest updates until it finished upgrading and now it says there is no internet access and im not sure why.

It connected to a netgear wireless router via ethernet but I cant even get onto the router through IE8, just will not get any connection at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,

Jim
Look at device manager and see if your ethernet device is having problems. You might try a repair if it is. If you can't repair it, use a wireless USB stub (Win7 will probably have the drivers) and see if you can connect that way. If you can, then rightclick on your ethernet device in device manager and try updating the drivers allowing it to look on the internet.

Hi Thanks I sorted it by doing something similar to that. Just uninstalled the NIC then rebooted and W7 reinstalled it for me then suddenly it worked and has been fine since :)

Thanks

I've found another problem now. Since I did what I said above, it makes my network card auto negociate when I want it at 100 full duplex so I change it back to 100 full and it works fine until I reboot then I get the same problem with it not connecting to the net to I change back to auto then it works fine. Weird.

Anyone else had this as I need it at its fastest speed as I stream files to my ps3 from the pc and auto doesnt always use the fastest speed. Hopefully MS will fix this soon.

Jim

Similar Problem

Hi, i am having a similar problem. A week ago, i upgraded my Asus computer to Windows 7, runs fine, no Internet problems. Yesterday, i upgraded my Gateway to Windows 7 as well. Immediately after the upgrade was complete, i had to Internet access. The ethernet cable is fine, the router/modem is fine, and the computer sitting right next to it with the same operating system can surf fine. I tried power-cycling, running network diagnostics, disabling/enabling the network adapter and still nothing. I am connecting using a LAN connection with a router and modem. This is seriously taking away from my gaming time (which I PAY for), and i really need a solution.

Thanks in advance

Hi, i am having a similar problem. A week ago, i upgraded my Asus computer to Windows 7, runs fine, no Internet problems. Yesterday, i upgraded my Gateway to Windows 7 as well. Immediately after the upgrade was complete, i had to Internet access. The ethernet cable is fine, the router/modem is fine, and the computer sitting right next to it with the same operating system can surf fine. I tried power-cycling, running network diagnostics, disabling/enabling the network adapter and still nothing. I am connecting using a LAN connection with a router and modem. This is seriously taking away from my gaming time (which I PAY for), and i really need a solution.

Thanks in advance
Felmid, did you try my suggestion above about getting an internet connection wirelessly and then uninstalling and reinstalling the Ethernet adapter? If you have a wireless internet connection, that action will search on the internet for the right Ethernet drivers. I have successfully done that in the past in at least two occasions now.

Back