Windows 7 No internet connection on this computer and more problems???

franceds

Hello,

Today I used the computer in the morning and it worked fine with no problems. However when I started the computer later on, it came to a blue screen. Then I did a system restore on my windows 7 [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]service [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]pack [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]1[/FONT][/FONT] update which failed a week ago.

Then I got an error saying it was unsuccesful but then booted fine to the desktop. Then on the desktop a message popped up saying the restore was succesful which was confusing.

Now then there was a big X on the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]internet [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]connection[/FONT][/FONT] icon with no internet connection. By the way my computer is connected to the router. Other devices and laptops in my house got internet except from the computer.

Not only that but now I can't open [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Windows [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Update[/FONT][/FONT], Network and Sharing folder or the system restore. Also the MMCs cannot open the file!

Is there any way to get the internet connection back on the internet please?

Thank You

Two basic things:

1. Reboot the Internet connection i.e., unplug any and all cables Internet has to your computer, including power cables. Also unplug the router's power cable --- the whole system, that is, although you don't need to unplug but one end of a cable. Wait for 30 seconds, then plug them in the order "first comes first" etc... this is not a question of lethal importance, but connect the router first, your computer last.

2. If it won't help, right click on the Network icon in your taskbar, and choose "Troubleshoot problems". It'll give something.

Plain first aid, this is.

The first method didn't work but I right clicked the icon and clicked troubleshoot problems and I got this message as the problem I think

Windows cannot find
'::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}...\resultPage?keywords=+;NetworkDiagnostics'.
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

Now what do I do?

The first method didn't work but I right clicked the icon and clicked troubleshoot problems and I got this message as the problem I think

Windows cannot find
'::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}...\resultPage?keywords=+;NetworkDiagnostics'.
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

Now what do I do?

1. The easiest solution would be if you could get a Restoration Point working. Control Panel\System and Security\System\System Protection\System Restore. Preferably choose the point Windows shows. If you get it working, good.

2. As far as I understand, it is a registry mark. I searched it in my registry, and found it. It could be yours is broken. Make a search for it by Start > All programs > Accessories > Command prompt. In the black window type regedit and press Enter. In the new window, either press Ctrl+F, or open Edit > Find. In the Find window, paste {26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}, the brackets aren't necessary. If you find it, it means it's either broken or there's some hassle in Windows.

3. A somewhat disputed method is to use programs that clean and fix the Registry. Some endorse these programs, some warn about them. Anyway, I've used Free Window Registry Repair for years, haven't noticed problems. BUT BE SURE to go to Options, and have it make a Restoration Point.
Free Window Registry Repair: a windows registry repair freeware.

Sure hope you get it running.

Back