I am using a Marvell Gigabit ethernet controller on my Asus P5E. I experienced the problems after installing CS3 and the Office updates that others have mentioned here. Here is how I fixed the issue on my PC: FIRST - Disable IPv6, and both of the "Network Locator/Mapping" services by unchecking the boxes in TCP/IP Properties. Immediately after unchecking these and a SHUTDOWN (not reboot) the Internet should come back. On mine, the "Unidentified" network also disappeared. I thought I had it nailed here, but then I installed Office 2007 SP2 and the problem came right back. I actually had to get a different driver from the NIC manufacturer (used the Vista x64 driver) and then repeated the above...disabled the 3 useless check boxes, shutdown, and power on...and I have not had the problem since, even after multiple reboots. MS will probalby have this fixed soon, I imagine, as so many users are affected. I also highly recommend going into the device manager and unchecking the "Allow Windows to turn this device off to conserve power" from your NIC... My new issues with Windows 7 are now power management related after doing Windows Updates...my PC will bluescreen if allowed to go to sleep, while it worked perfectly on initial installation...but this is a problem for a new thread. no big deal tho - Windows has never really slept well in any version. hope some of this helps you guys!