Windows 7 No Toolbar, Frozen Keys?

davidc2019

My 13 year old daughter Lucy has just dropped her Dell Inspiron 1545 from a height of 15 inches :( (she tells me) !!. When she turned the laptop back on the first thing she saw was the wording "Windows is loading files", she has never see this before. When she gets to her login screen all she can see is the wallpaper, no icons, no toolbar, the cursor is visable and can be moved via the mouse pad and the brightness controls work but none of the other keys seem to work. No matter what I do I cannot view the toolbar or anything else for that matter and Lucy's tears are starting to form a large pool :cry_smile:. Can anyone please help before I need to buy a boat? David

Well, I trust you will think of this as "help". Certainly the drop has damaged something. Take it to a laptop service shop & have it diagnosed before you can know what steps or decision to take next; make sure the shop specializes in laptops. Do not try poking @ it yourself. I will warn you, laptop work, labour & the parts can be costly. Depending what the shop discovers, may be most effective/efficient to grab data from it & buy a new laptop.

There is probably nothing software related that anyone can suggest doing. It has suffered physical damage.

Drew

Back