Windows 7 Non-Working Programs

Acronis*True*Image*Home 2009 not working

Acronis True Image Home 2009 does not install in Windows 7 Build 7000.

CPU: Intel QX9650 / Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
Video: ATI 4870X2 / 24" BenQ FP241WZ LCD
Motherboard & RAM: Asus P5E3 Deluxe (X38) / 4GB Corsair DDR3-1600
Storage: WD Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS SATA-500GB / WD 500GB My Book Premium ES / Two Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives / Thermaltake ST0005U HDD Docking Station.
Optical Storage: Samsung SH-S203N DVD-RW
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi / Logitech Z-5500

Last edited:
wmdc was slow to install. but no drivers. treo 700wx won't sync. i was hoping to use this on my netbook with my cellio as a modem. 6 yr old lappie seems to do allright though. internet faster. lappie specs= celeron 1800. 512 ram. usb 1.1.

not that anyone cares. LOL aol 9 wouldn't download. aol 10 does though. java works, adobe flash works. didn't come with windows like advertised. adobe reader works. if i can get my cell phone to sync. i can have an upgraded internet toy

Last edited:
Acronis DriveCleanser

Having Acronis DriveCleanser installed on Windows Vista will prevent an upgrade installation to Windows 7 Beta 1.

These are from my experience:
Google Chrome
MagicISO
STEAM

Steam works for me, and so does Google Chrome. You using 64 bit or 32?

EDIT: There is an issue with Windows 7 and SLI..they do not work properly together. Try and turn SLI off and then try again. Also google google chrome fix for 64 bit (as there is no known issue in 32 bit) for windows 7 and use their fix.

Last edited:
Webroot Antivirus with antispyware

I'm using the 64-bit version, and webroot's site says, their lastest addition is compatible with vista-64. However, while it installs (the old installer says its incompatible with 64 bit), the program freezes upon restarting. Or at least taking 10 minutes to load, then freeze again. When I looked at the processes, it showed the 32 bit version was trying to run, so I had to uninstall it. So the installer recognizes windows is 64-bit but installs and runs the 32-bit version of itself. I've got no clue whats goin on.

Google chrome was one of the first programs I use with Windows 7 32bit (build 6801) and It works fine, So does SLI. I ran SLI when installing Windows 7 the first time it recognized it and had some nifty tweaks for it as well. Just make sure you have the latest drivers vista drivers installed. A lot of Cyberlink's older programs won't run or freeze up so make sure you have the latest ones (there usually buggy anyway).:cool:

I cannot install Photoshop under Windows 7, it gives me an error saying it failed to install the components. However, it was already installed since I upgraded from vista, however, it was broken and half the features would not work or even crashed CS4. I couldn't even uninstall it properly!

Windows Live Messenger (new one) doesn't work for me. Click the 'sign in' button and stops working altogether... :(

Anyone else had this problem?

Windows Live Messenger (new one) doesn't work for me. Click the 'sign in' button and stops working altogether... :(

Anyone else had this problem?

With AIM in 64-bit after an upgrade from Vista.

The only application (so far) that I've had a problem with was Windows Live OneCare.
I was able to get it installed but could not get it to run.

Windows Live Messenger is now playing up on me. It crashes when I try sign in. This is weird since it's been working fine up until I installed some ATI drivers just before. Hmm..

Office 2003 PowerPoint with SP2 opening froze the Desktop fo me (x2) needing reboot
office 2003 with SP3 works like a charm

Lightscribe does not work
intel viiv does not work
samsung pc studio sort of works,bits do,bits dont
This is on both 64 and 32 bit.
The good news is ati version 8.12 ccc works on 32 bit but not on 64 bit,hydravision and avivo work aswell.
8.3 works on 64 bit.

Back