Windows 7 Non-Working Programs

I'm still having issues with WLM Beta. It works fine in safe mode with networking, but my laptop locks up upon launch when not in safe mode.

Anyone have any suggestions?

what other software packages do you currently have installed on your system?

Cyberlink PowerDVD doesn't work.
I have PowerDVD 8 and found it won't work when outputting to my flatscreen TV over HDMI in 720p mode (1280x720). It throws up a blank error dialog box (triangle with exclamation point, nothing else in the box). Won't even load.
However, when I try it in 1080 mode (1920x1080), it works just fine.

I have found a possible workaround on the Microsoft TechNet site and will be trying it tomorrow. I will post if it works for me.

I followed these instructions and it appeared to work properly but I don't really know for sure yet. I didn't get any unexpected errof messages but I cannot connect to one of the networks I usually connect to but this may be due to the VPN client being too new for their connection. It will likely work from my home with my other connection but I cannot test it until later. Until then, since I know that this works, I think I am going to try an older version (5.0.01.0600) for testing purposes after I image the laptop.

Battlfield 2, Battlfield 2142, Call of Duty 4 cannot be played in multiplayer on punkbuster servers.......Evenbalance acknowledeges the incompatibilty with Windows 7 but refuses to fix the problem untill the retail release of Windows 7. Doesnt make much sense but I guess they want to wait until millions of people try to play their games after buying Windows 7 and find out they don't work.

Check out this link to tell them what you think.

PunkBuster on Windows 7 Petition

daemon tools did the same with me.. and magic iso and all the virtual cd software crash our the windows..
except one worked perfectly ... VIRTUAL CLONE DRIVE ( thanks to iroken22)
it worked very fine ..

Windows Live Messenger Beta v 2009 (build 14.0.8050.1202) frezzes when you click on Tools>Audio and video set up.I have tried everything to get this to work but its ok ijust if you don't click on Tools>Audio and video set up.

3D Arcade don't work,It use Macromedia Mx engine so its a Projector.exe file with extras added.I don't know any of you have heard of it..Its a 3D environment were you go a round in first person at arcade cabinets.. Link Removed - Invalid URL

same problem

same problem. try using recommended anti-virus. F-secure worked for me if I didn't use a run from ISP but saved to disk and did a compatibility with Vista.

Last edited:
I have an update, reinstalled Win7 x86 and ACDsee Pro 2.5 is now installed and working fine
so it can be taken off the list.

Thanks

Win7 64bit - 7000build

I cannot get iTunes64 to work, iTunes 32 will install, but will not recognize my Iphone. I have tried the MobileDevice folder fix posted on the net, and the edit of the MSI, but still no luck.

Thankfully I have a few machines.

Pictureshare.net (Wallpaper changer) won't install at all. Wouldn't install in Vista either.

Adobe 9 has 'issues' with Windows 7. It works fine in Internet Explorer but in Opera, my default browser, I have to alter the download settings under preferences to ensure that the Adobe plug-in is not used. The setting has to be altered to direct the browser to the .exe file. In Vista this problem didn't exist.

AOE III You would think at least Microsoft own games would run on it, but nope! Oh and as far as the magic disk bricking windows 7 installs All I had to do is uninstall it using the uninstaller in the start menu. I kept freezing up windows and wouldn't uninstall through the control panel. Just a thought :cool:

Back
Top Bottom