Windows 8 Not saving user settings

itzAtlaf

Hi Guys
Hope u r fine
am facing differnt problem regarding saving user setting..
e.g when I open explorer, its not maximised, i maximise it and close and reopen, again not maximised...
2nd if i change folder view, close explorer, reopen explorer, folder view is not saved what i selected
at each windows start up uTorrent ask to make it default client, i select yes but at again srartup same problem, and when i click on magnet link of torrent on a site, my torrent client will not recgnize it (magnet link doesnt open uTorrent)
and one more thing to say... am using windows technical preview.... but io had this problem on the same pc with windows 8.1, after installing fresh copy of window technical preview the problem wasnt there, but last day after sudden shutdown above mentioned problem appeared
plz help and guide me:)

Hi itzAtlaf,
regarding IE, You might have to maximise it a few times before Windows remembers what you prefer. Also just in relation to using Torrents, these are well known sources for picking up viruses and spyware. Make sure you run something like Malwarebytes on a regular basis:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Regarding the folder view. Once you've changed your folder view to what you prefer then you can make this the default 'look' by opening Windows Explorer, click on 'View' in the ribbon and then look for Folder Options situated on the right. Look for 'View' along the top, then 'Apply to all folders' tab. Make sure you click apply when done and then all your folder styles should be the same although to be honest I've noticed in previous occasions folders going back to a different setting. Windows 10 does seem a little better at remembering but I still find the odd section where the folders have shifted back to a different view.

If I had to hap hazard a guess, I'd say it has a lot to do with your uTorrent websites and what downloads you have from those sites. Like I tell any who use those sites...you get what you ask for.

That all said...you more than likely have a trojan, malware, spyware, worm and probably every other known infection on that system and maybe some corrupt and missing system files (OS). You say it was the same on your previous version of windows which leads me to the same conclusion of website habits.

Thanku dear, both of u
i think the problem might not be with website am visiting... both time when problem came, i gues the reason was sudden shutdown/power failure.. and i think there might b OS file courruption... well i will use online malware scanner and let u know :)

Dear, I tried both scanner, eset and malwarebytes, results were fine
but then i thought abt system file check, so i ran sfc /scannow, here system couldnot repair somefiles, am attatching CBS.log hope it may help u to better understand :)

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    735.5 KB · Views: 240
Open up a CMD prompt with Admin rights (right click cmd and select run as admin) then cut and paste this into it and hit enter.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

run, here is result
Untitled.png

You could try a different method like a Reset or if the issue occurred after a bad shutdown try using system restore to go back before the time of the shutdown.

You could try a different method like a Reset or if the issue occurred after a bad shutdown try using system restore to go back before the time of the shutdown.
yeah issue occured after bad shutdown, well reset... i wont like to do... and got no restore point.... So still i have any way left ? :)

Hmm... How come you don't have any restore points? Did you turn it off yourself as it's normally on by default. I've have a hunch you might be running an SSD? If so have you turned off stuff like page files and system restore?

Back