Windows 7 Notepad Error Make sure a disk is in the drive you specified

Mindfreak

Hello All Supporters .!
First of all i am new to this forum i need to ask some my urgent problem solution here.
guys i had an laptop which got broked i was using its Hard drive using SD Box it was working like a charm but suddenly when i woke up today morning i connect my HD and it is not getting open my entire main file in which i have all data and [ the file extention is txt ] when ever i open it my notepad got hanged and after few minutes it says

Cannot Open C: DIR/DIR/yourtext.txt file

Make sure a disk is in the drive you specified

i Dont Know What to do its very important file i have all data in it and i try jFile Recovery but it is jar and not running on java even thooo .!
Also Other Files are opening perfectly but not with this one file .

Please Help Me Out Thanks

Have you tried running ScanDisk? If a portion of the harddrive near the beginning of this file is corrupted in some way then the file won't open. Also, is it just this file or all Notepad files. If it is all notepad files then I would try opening it with another piece of software like wordpad or notepad ++. If you give a few more details we may be able to give more suggestions.
Philip
MSCE, MCSA, CCNA

Have you tried running ScanDisk? If a portion of the harddrive near the beginning of this file is corrupted in some way then the file won't open. Also, is it just this file or all Notepad files. If it is all notepad files then I would try opening it with another piece of software like wordpad or notepad ++. If you give a few more details we may be able to give more suggestions.
Philip
MSCE, MCSA, CCNA

i dont know how to run scan disk but i try chkdsk and its getting hanged on 15% .
and this is the problem only cause with one notepad file other files all are getting open i try to open with wordpad and other softwares but it wont getting open .

It may be a hard disk failure. As first aid, try to copy the file to another place = folder. But then you should test the hard disk properly, and if it doesn't work, it's probably broken. Meaning, safe copy all that's important, and get a new disk.

The easy way to run ScanDisk is to right click on C: drive in Windows explorer and go to properties. Go to Tools. Under Error-checking click check now. Select "Automatically fix file systems errors: and select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. When you click start you will get a pop up that says "Schedule disk check" or "Cancel". Click the Schedule and then reboot. When you come back up it will say preparing to scan the disk press any key to cancel. But Don't Cancel. If the drive is fixable then it may get repaired. Errors on drives normally come from either the drive was shaken and has a small scratch or the drive is getting hot and/or old. If your lucky it will be the former because you will be fine after the scandisk. If it is old or running hot, then it will shortly go permanently belly up. I suggest downloading a FREE copy of Clonezilla and image the drive to a external drive before it is too late. There are other good tools for this like Acronis, etc, but Clonezilla is free.
Philip
Network Administrator, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA

Back