Windows 7 nVidia 8600 GT @ 1360x768 resolution?

MikeSch

Under Windows XP Professional, I am running in 1360x768 resolution with a nVidia 8600 GT video card. My monitor is an LCM-22w3 (Westinghouse 22" wide monitor). However, I'm unable to get the same resolution under Windows 7. I'm able to select the resolution, but it does not fill the whole screen as it does under Windows XP. Instead I get a smaller square of screen real estate in the center of my monitor.

Is there anyway to get the full 1360x768 stretch-to-fit monitor resolution under Windows 7? I installed the nVidia drivers for Win7 but it didn't help.

Hi,
have you tried changing the desktop settings found under personalisation? (see screenshot) If you right-click on your desktop and choose 'personalise'. Then click on 'Desktop Background' and then choose the correct setting (Fill) under 'Picture position'.

nVidia GT 8600 1360x768

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that did not fix the problem. I still have black borders all around the screen and my usable screen real estate is much smaller under the 1360x768 resolution. Under Windows XP, I was able to use the full screen real estate at this resolution size.

Mike

You could try and see if a 'firmware update' might help? Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back