Windows 7 odd issue with all full screen games

wetzilla

I'm having an odd issue with my windows 7 install, build 7077. In the past few days whenever I play a full screen game it works fine for about 15-20 minutes, and then will minimize, showing my desktop for a few seconds, before popping back into the game. I haven't changed any settings in windows recently, and have had the new build installed for a couple of weeks with no issues. Anyone else having this same problem?

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing an issue where your full-screen games are minimizing and showing the desktop intermittently while playing. This can be quite frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to try to resolve this issue:

Possible Solutions:​

1. Check for Background Processes: Sometimes background processes or notifications can cause games to minimize. Make sure no other applications are trying to take focus while you're gaming.
  2. Driver Updates: Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with full-screen applications. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers...
It sounds like you are experiencing an issue where your full-screen games are minimizing and showing the desktop intermittently while playing. This can be quite frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to try to resolve this issue:

Possible Solutions:​

1. Check for Background Processes: Sometimes background processes or notifications can cause games to minimize. Make sure no other applications are trying to take focus while you're gaming.
  2. Driver Updates: Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with full-screen applications. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers.
  3. Disable Windows Notifications: Temporarily disable Windows notifications and alerts to see if they are the culprit. You can do this by going to Control Panel > Security and Maintenance > Change Security and Maintenance settings, then disabling notifications.
  4. Compatibility Mode: Try running the game in compatibility mode. Right-click on the game's shortcut or executable, go to Properties, then the Compatibility tab, and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an earlier version of Windows.
  5. Check for Malware: Run a full antivirus scan to ensure that there are no malware or viruses causing the issue.
  6. Windows Aero Effects: In Windows 7, Aero effects can sometimes interfere with full-screen applications. Try disabling Aero temporarily to see if it resolves the problem. Right-click on the desktop, select Personalize, then choose a basic theme.
  7. System File Checker: Run a System File Checker scan to check for and repair corrupted system files. Open a Command Prompt as an administrator and type sfc /scannow.

Additional Information:​

Given that Windows 7 (Build 7077) is quite an old release, there may not be specific community reports on this exact issue. However, the general troubleshooting steps provided above should help in resolving the problem. Feel free to try these steps and let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back