Windows 7 Oh God, what am I after doing?

Top Hat Deviant

Hello.

I'm having a small little problem with my computer.

Well, you know that little graphic thing that appears on screen whenever you turn caps lock on or off?
Yeah, that doesn't appear anymore and since my computer does not have a little light thing to indicate whether it's on or off it's kind of becoming awkward.

I think what caused it to disappear may be one of the following:

1)
I was looking through my start-up programs and disabling ones that I do not feel that I need so my computer would start-up faster, I may have disabled something that's responsible or partially responsible for the graphic notification thing.

2)
It may also have something to do with the latest updates I installed which, if memory serves, were mostly service packs, perhaps one of them messed with something, I don't know.

So, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
If I'm informed as to what program actually does the notification thing then I can look around and see if I can re-enable it.
Likewise, if anyone knows any reason as to why this might have been messed up I can look into that too.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

It's almost certainly specific to the manufacturer and model of your pc so we'll need to know that I think.

Mine works when I install my Logitech keyboard driver.

You can also turn on sounds that will provide a high or low pitch to determine whether your are setting or un-setting the Caps Lock. The setting is located in the Ease of Access Center.

It's almost certainly specific to the manufacturer and model of your pc so we'll need to know that I think.

It's an Acer Laptop.
Mine works when I install my Logitech keyboard driver.

You can also turn on sounds that will provide a high or low pitch to determine whether your are setting or un-setting the Caps Lock. The setting is located in the Ease of Access Center.

I know I've seen a program with Logitech in the name all over the place.
I can't seem to find it now though, would you be able to tell me where it might be so I can see if I can do anything with it?

If it is an Acer keyboard, you will probably need to install a utility from them, as Pat says.

I have a Desktop and my Logitech keyboard uses a Set Point utility that controls the notifications.

Whichever one works, you might have a mouse and keyboard, or just a keyboard panel in the control panel that would control the notifications.

If it is an Acer keyboard, you will probably need to install a utility from them, as Pat says.

I have a Desktop and my Logitech keyboard uses a Set Point utility that controls the notifications.

Whichever one works, you might have a mouse and keyboard, or just a keyboard panel in the control panel that would control the notifications.
Are you sure it's to do with the keyboard?
I know you likely know a lot more about this sort of thing than I do and I might be after misunderstanding what you're after saying but the keyboard itself works fine, it's just the on-screen notification that's gone missing.

I'm sorry for being vague.

Hello.

I'm having a small little problem with my computer.

Well, you know that little graphic thing that appears on screen whenever you turn caps lock on or off?
Yeah, that doesn't appear anymore and since my computer does not have a little light thing to indicate whether it's on or off it's kind of becoming awkward.

I think what caused it to disappear may be one of the following:

1)
I was looking through my start-up programs and disabling ones that I do not feel that I need so my computer would start-up faster, I may have disabled something that's responsible or partially responsible for the graphic notification thing.

2)
It may also have something to do with the latest updates I installed which, if memory serves, were mostly service packs, perhaps one of them messed with something, I don't know.

So, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
If I'm informed as to what program actually does the notification thing then I can look around and see if I can re-enable it.
Likewise, if anyone knows any reason as to why this might have been messed up I can look into that too.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Hey actually such graphics of toggle keys are dependent on the manufacturer, so consult them..
Also I have 1 more suggestion as to notify about your toggle keys.
Whenever u ON / OFF any toggle key(Caps Num Scroll) it makes a sound.
To activate the sound of toggle keys, just follow the following steps:

1. Click on Start >> Click Control Panel.
2. Click Ease Of Access >> Select “Change how your keyboard works” from Ease of Access Center.
3. Check the Box for Turn on Toggle Keys.
4. Click Apply. Click OK.

​Thanks...

the keyboard itself works fine, it's just the on-screen notification that's gone missing.
Yes, I understand exact;y what you mean. I cannot say for sure it is in the keyboard preferences settings, but usually it is.

If you could tell us your exact model of Acer laptop, we could go check to see if anything looks like it might be the correct driver.

Until then, check the control panel for a keyboard entry and see if any settings there would turn the graphic on or off.

Yes, I understand exact;y what you mean. I cannot say for sure it is in the keyboard preferences settings, but usually it is.

If you could tell us your exact model of Acer laptop, we could go check to see if anything looks like it might be the correct driver.

Until then, check the control panel for a keyboard entry and see if any settings there would turn the graphic on or off.

How do I check the model of it?

Back