Windows 7 old school task bar

maxone

how do i get the old school task bar. would like to disable the icon viewing thing and the pin thing.

thanks

Disable the pin thing? Just unpin everything from the taskbar. Right-click each icon and click "Unpin this program from the taskbar". You can also add back the Quick Launch toolbar by right-clicking the taskbar, pointing to Toolbars, choosing New Toolbar..., and finding c:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch (replacing Username with your user name). Then right-click the taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar" if it is checked. Then right-click the Quick Launch toolbar and uncheck "Show Text" and "Show Title". Then relock the taskbar if desired.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "icon viewing" thing but you can make taskbar icons appear the same as in Windows Vista by right-clicking an empty area of the taskbar, clicking Properties, checking "Use small icons" and setting "Taskbar buttons:" to "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".

Reghakr, he didn't ask about the classic Start menu.

Last edited:
Josh you're right, I didn't take enough time to read it clearly.:rolleyes:

However, you can unpin,, but every open program goes into the pinned task bar area.

I love the Quick launch myself;)

Back