Windows 10 One day to go for Windows 10 Upgrade.

So, today this is the last day of my Windows 8.1.
That would definitely be cool, but....
I'm not completely sure that updaters will be able to get the Windows 10 version that is suppose to be available on the 29th.
I believe that insiders will probably get it (maybe) and then some time later they intend to roll it out to a broader base.

The last notice I got said it would be sometime after the 29th. The insiders should be getting it on the 29th.

Actually it appears it's already in the initial download stage at least on my computer.

Attachments

• Win10.png
    Win10.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 518
My folder is still empty and I keep getting update failed now for two days. It may be that I am reserving my free download and not using windows insider.

I converted the ESD file into an ISO.

Attachments

• Win10ISO.png
    Win10ISO.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 475
Annnd I am now on Windows 10.
It appears that this build contains more than the ESD and also includes a patch for the upgrade process that updates the build. Can you confirm that you have 10240.16405.150725-1815.th1 after installing the ISO? <-- False information from WinBeta. Thank you!

• Click Start, type regedit and press Enter to open the Windows registry
  • Navigate to the registry key – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
On the right panel, you will find the key “CurrentBuildNumber“.The value of this key is your Windows Build Number. Then find a key called “CurrentVersion” and its value is your windows version i.e. the version of your windows vista, windows xp, etc. You will also find keys called “EditionID” and “ProductId” to know the windows edition and product id.

The key BuildLabEx contains build number and revision number.For example, in the value 6001.17387.x86fre.vistasp1_gdr.070927-1921, the first four digits stand for build number i.e. 6001 and the next five digits stand for windows revision number i.e. 17387. x86 tells you that you are running a 32-bit operating system.

Or, even easier, open a Command Prompt and type:

reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" /v BuildLabEx

What is your full BuildLabEx string? Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
You can get the download from here Windows 10
You can upgrade or download the ISO for another machine, or for later in the event you need to reinstall or whatever.

I did it via converting the ESD, so it doesn't include the updates, they appear to be currently disabled on Windows Updates server.
10240.16384.amd64fre.th1.150709-1700

I did it via converting the ESD, so it doesn't include the updates, they appear to be currently disabled on Windows Updates server.
10240.16384.amd64fre.th1.150709-1700
Yes, I am looking into this as well.
You can get the download from here Windows 10
You can upgrade or download the ISO for another machine, or for later in the event you need to reinstall or whatever.
This is extremely useful. I will test this on a virtual machine.
As far as this new "automatic update" process, I can see it is going as we predicted... i.e... whenever someone pushes a button in the desert, maybe this thing will prompt me to upgrade.

OR NOT!
I'm currently up to 5 failures on my Windows 8.1 machine in update history.
It's getting late.
I shouldn't be doing this $h!t at this time of night.

Trouble I had 13 failures on Windows 8.1 before it took and I got started on upgrading. On 10 now. So far so good.

I just now graduated to yet a sixth failure so I'm giving up and going to bed.
There's always tomorrow.
I've already download the ISO from Microsoft so ..... there's that.

I think Microsoft is "enabling" users Windows 10 updates, so keep trying them periodically a friend of mine's update finally started working.

Back