Windows 11 One Drive Sync Issues

hawkeye62

Extraordinary Member
I have a new HP laptop that came with Windows 11 installed. I installed Mozilla Thunderbird. Everything seems to work correctly. BUT, I get a One Drive Sync error that shows up as a red dot on the Cloud icon in the row of icons on the lower bar. The error message says "Ensure that you have the right permissions to allow the item to sync". The item is Mozilla Thunderbird.lnk. I have Administrator status. I have no idea what the error message means. Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim

have you got a firefox account?
sync.png

its also possible that firefox is sending downloads to a folder onedrive has locked... check the firefox settings and then check which folders you allowed Microsoft to control

Jim, having read your post, I'm impressed with the amount of feedback you're getting. Did you ever solve this syncing problem with One Drive?

Jim, having read your post, I'm impressed with the amount of feedback you're getting. Did you ever solve this syncing problem with One Drive?

I never found the reason for the non sync message, but the sync message is gone.

Regards, Jim

The only issue I have with OneDrive is that it seems to have taken over my PC. I deleted two folders in OneDrive, "Documents and MS Visual Basic," so when I went to open a doc file they were gone!!!!! Oops, looking in my recent backup disk I noticed my documents were all going to OneDrive. I did not knowingly put them in OneDrive nor would I have if I knew MS fixed Windows to do so. Maybe Windows 11 changed how I stored files or something. Anyway, I copied my documents and MS VB folders from backup to C: drive and now I'm happy. Where did I go wrong?????

Microsoft auto installs Onedrive and puts your documents in there so they can control them yes... it causes a lot of workflow problems with things like Photoshop that don't share files they are using

Fascinating! But is there a way to stop TwoDrive, pardon please, I mean is there a way to stop OneDrive from uploading one particular App and if so, how?

Back