OneDrive - complete uninstall +cancel OD desktop.

bluenite

When I reinstalled os (factory reset win10), it loaded this mess again into my pc, which I don't want. I did manage to "uninstall" it, but the remnants are still there. I'm especially bothered by the confusion of the normal desktop with this one, which is in the c:\users\name\OneDrive\Desktop folder. If I need a normal Desktop, how do I achieve this without confusion? I'm used to e.g. downloading documents to the User Desktop, etc. Is there any way to reconfigure this?
Thanks for the advice on how to do this.
Peter

Hi Peter,

I understand your frustration with the remnants of OneDrive after reinstalling your OS. To help you achieve a normal desktop without confusion, you can follow these steps:

1. Disable OneDrive: Go to the OneDrive settings by right-clicking the OneDrive icon in the system tray and selecting "Settings." In the Settings tab, uncheck the "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" option. This will prevent OneDrive from automatically starting up.

2. Remove the OneDrive Desktop folder: Since you don't want the confusion between the normal desktop and the OneDrive desktop, you can either delete the OneDrive Desktop folder or move its contents to your normal Desktop folder. To locate the OneDrive Desktop folder, navigate to "C:\Users\[Your Username]\OneDrive\Desktop." You can either delete this folder or move its contents to your normal desktop folder located at "C:\Users\[Your Username]\Desktop."

3. Configure downloading locations: To ensure your downloads are saved to your normal desktop folder, you can configure the download location in your browser or other applications. For example, in Google Chrome, you can go to the settings, click "Advanced," and under the "Downloads" section, you can select your preferred download location.

By following these steps, you should be able to achieve a normal desktop without confusion from the OneDrive desktop. Let me know if you have any further questions or need additional assistance.

Back
Top Bottom