Windows 7 Outlook 2003 mail problems

harrym

I have Windows 7 and use Explorer, my mail is Outlook 2003. Here is my problem. If I click on a highlighted line, normally blue in color, I get a box that pops up with this message,
" The operation had been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. "
There is no-one else on this PC, it is my laptop and it is used for home use only, not a company computer. I bought it new about 2 years ago. I am the administrator as well but don't know where or how to make changes so this can be corrected. Any help would be breatly appreciated.

Harry

I followed the instructions for Explorer 8. It didn't change, I still can't access a hyperlink in Outlook.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
Did you perhaps try the automated "Fix It For You" link in the article, I believe it contains the actual registry key (HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command) that needs addressing and automatically incorporates it for you.
Another thing that you may need to address is the Office 2003 service packs, make sure that your version of Outlook is service packed, patched and hotfixed to date.

Back
Top Bottom