Windows 7 Outlook 2007 freezes computer!

imper

My computer runs fine. Till i open outlook. For some reason about 2 secs after it opens. I semi-freezes the computer. By semi i mean its dam near close. The mouse will still work, and thats about it. I cant get task manager to come up or anything. Only thing that works is to restart the computer. I cannot do anything with outlook. What could be causing this? I havent added any addons or changed anything in outlook.

Have you updated any programs lately, I use Stardocks Windows blinds beta and there is problem with Office 2007 suite programs that caused me a problem.
Do you have a recent image backup that you install? Try using restore point function to an earlier point in time when you know outlook worked

No i have not updated anything since it last worked. Which was 2 days ago. And nothing for about a few days before that.

And i dont have any recent backup. Still trying to fix it to backup to my external.

Run a Scanpst against your post office file.

Scanpst is located in Program Files.

Outlook .pst file is located in C:\User\userid\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. The Scan will verify data and correct any errors.

Run a Scanpst against your post office file.

Scanpst is located in Program Files.

Outlook .pst file is located in C:\User\userid\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. The Scan will verify data and correct any errors.

Huh i do not have scanpst

'imper',

> Help in Outlook & run the diagnostics... tries to find & fix problems in or w/ Outlook. If nothing else, as a last resort... remove Office & re-install.

Drew

I cannot get outlook to respond to run help. After outlook opens i cannot do anything on the computer period! I can drag a box on the desktop and that is about it. Nothing will open or close.

I cannot get outlook to respond to run help. After outlook opens i cannot do anything on the computer period! I can drag a box on the desktop and that is about it. Nothing will open or close.
Hold down the CTRL key and launch Outlook. That will put you in safe mode. If you can launch that way, you have an add-in that is killing you. Go to Tools/Trust Center and disable your add-ins one by one until you find the culprit. If you don't have scanpst.exe, you have a defective install.

'imper'

If you type scanpst.exe in Search (above the Windows orb) it will come up for you there.

It does sound like an Add-on may well be screwing things up for you.

Drew

Tried it. "No matches found for your search"

Back
Top Bottom