Windows 7 outlook troubling me

beacher

I really need help for my outllook which is installed on windows 7 operating system. I use outlook to access my gmail mails. Everything was working fine until i installed an antivirus add in, that was my biggest mistake i did. Now outlook does not open. When i click to open it gives an error and i am not able to access my mails which are in outlook. I have some important mails and contacts saved there. I really need help. Plz help.

Hello Beacher,
I think PST of Outlook has got corrupted due to installation of antivirus add-in. Outlook stores all the information in PST file. When PST file of Outlook gets corrupted it gives error message and fails to open. In such situation you need to repair the Outlook PST and that can be done by using Scanpst.exe. Its an default inbox repair tool provided by Microsoft to repair the corrupted PST file.
In any situation if scan PST fails to repair Outlook on Windows 7 system then it is advised to use a third party tool to repair the corrupted PST file.
Download the software, repair Outlook PST file and get access to your mails.

There is also an option to repair the Office install in the Control Panel, Programs and Features dialog. Use the change option and look for repair.

Did you look for something in the anti-virus that was keeping you from accessing the e-mails, or Google?

'beacher',

What Anti-virus is this? Sounds like maybe it's time for a change...

& yes, try to Repair Outlook from the Programs & Features list.

Drew

Back