Windows 7 ..."outside of memory allocation" BSOD?

Gizibe

Hello all.
I tried running a game this morning that previously ran just fine on my PC a few months ago, and it would not run. Upon start up, my screen would freeze in a graphical glitch and I would be forced to restart. I used Display Driver Uninstall, and then updated my graphics driver and tried running the game again. Instead of the graphical glitch, I actually got a BSOD. I've gotten the same glitchy screen without the BSOD on one other game before...

I've attached the .rar including the crash file, CPU-Z screenshots, dxdiag, driver list, event app, event sys, hosts, windows update, RAMMon speed info, MSinfo, and system info.

Can anyone help me with this? As well as any other problems you may see in the files I've attached. :p

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• W7F_07-03-2014.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 578
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck CD, {fffff9801c8b7000, 1, fffff800038c77bb, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dump_wmimmc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_wmimmc.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dump_wmimmc.sys ( dump_wmimmc+24c5b )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
unfortunately only having one dump file makes it a little harder to spot trends. The faulting driver dump_wmimmc.sys relates to GameGuard. Usually buried deep in a game's folder structure. Do you have the game installed on a different drive to your C drive? If so try re-installing it back on the C drive otherwise it might be worth checking with the games help page to see if they can advise on these crashes. You do need some updates however:

BiosVersion = F2
BiosReleaseDate = 06/07/2010
Please update your bios:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3423#bios

Try removing AVG as it is known for causing issues at time and install MSE ( the reason why we ask users to do this is to create a known stable environment. ):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Rt64win7.sys Mon Mar 21 13:20:32 2011: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet please update:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Apr 06 11:17:30 2010: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver please update:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=8&PFid=14&Level=3&Conn=2

^Ahh, I had a feeling it was relating to GameGuard... I did try deleting the GameGuard folder specifically so the game would automatically redownload the files on start up, but it didn't seem to help. I will have to try reinstalling the game completely and checking through the website for a solution.

Thank you greatly for your detailed help. I've updated everything you've linked. :)

Hi,
Gizibe sounds like your on top of things which is great. If you get any further bsod's please post.. :)

I definitely will! I am currently reinstalling the game so let's cross our fingers. Thank you again for the great help.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I am still getting the BSOD and read that many are having this problem and have had this problem for many games.

google.com : gameguard dump_wmimmc.sys :(

Last edited:
Boyfriend even tried running Windows XP on VMWare and re-downloaded to see if it worked, but game still BSODs

Gizibe if you have new dump files post them anyway as I might spot something which may help?

Yes, of course. I've attached the last 4 crash files that happened last night when attempting to run the game.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    112.2 KB · Views: 216
Code:

BugCheck CD, {fffff9803556f000, 1, fffff800038b87bb, 0}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_wmimmc.sys

Hi,
pretty much the same as above really and of course those updates and changes. I also noticed this file:
TKFsFt64.sys Tue Nov 06 04:52:46 2012
I Couldn't find a great deal about it apart from it's from Inca Internet and might be another anti virus app? If it is I just wonder if it's clashing with AVG.

Just on a hunch can you please download and run the app found here.:
http://www.memtest.org/ (you will have to burn it to disk to run. Run the app for a few passes.)

After looking into this "INCA Internet" it seems to be linked to GameGuard itself as well, so I'm assuming the file has something to do with it. I uninstalled the only AVG program I had, which was LinkScanner. I'll attempt running the game one more time and then run Memtest sometime between now and tomorrow. Thank you again, Kemical!

Okay, I've run Memtest and ended up with quite a few errors. I wasn't sure how to save the file, but I snapped a few pictures if you would like this?

No I don't need to see the piccies thanks but it does sound like your RAM needs replacing. Try testing each individual stick and you should find the culprit. If all test bad just move them to a different slot and test again (this way you'll determine in the slot is at fault too..

I tested each individual stick of RAM and found the bad culprit... Removed it and am still having troubles running the game, but at least I was able to remove a faulty hardware... lol.

Do you have any other idea of what might be the cause of my issue? It is quite weird as my boyfriend's computer can run the program perfectly fine with zero problems, and yet I cannot seem to resolve the issue myself.

Is the game still giving you a blue screen Gizibe? If so, please send me one of the dumps that has occurred after you've removed the bad stick of RAM. It could be that windows has become corrupted due to the bsods. Look in the start menu for command prompt and right click on it, choose properties and then run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results. If any corruption is there then hopefully this scan will find and fix it.

Sure, here is the new dump file. This is the file after removing the stick or ram, and after running SFC.

I ran chkdsk preceding the SFC as I ran into an error when I initially tried to scan. The SFC didn't find any errors.

Attachments

• 031414-39655-01.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 206
Code:

BugCheck CD, {fffff98029645000, 1, fffff800038d37bb, 0}

Hi,
not much change really but I notice your bios is still in need of updating.:
BiosVersion = F2
BiosReleaseDate = 06/07/2010
I notice the last update has changes to memory voltage which may have a bearing on your situation? Before you update though just make sure it's the correct motherboard revision. Usually it's written on the actual motherboard (especially with Gigabyte boards).

Try my advice on changing AVG over to MSE above.

Rt64win7.sys Mon Mar 21 13:20:32 2011: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet please update:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Ah, I remember getting an error when I tried updating my BIOS, probably because of the wrong revision. I will update it now.
I'm not sure why AVG is still showing up as I deleted all traces from my PC when you first mentioned it, and have has MSE installed for quite some time. This is quite odd to me.

Would reformatting my harddrive help with anything? That was my very last option.

Last edited:
Back