Windows 8 Paragon Backup & Restore

nichos

Extraordinary Member
HI,
I used last year my new TOSHIBA vb63700-A 500GB external HD to Backup the 6 partitions PC using
" Paragon Backup and Recovery 2014 Free ".
Today tried to familiarise myself with it again, opened Paragon, clicked on Restore & Add an existing archive, went to Toshiba HD and found the two files at the bottom of this scan:-

I added the 202gb PDF file, see scan below but, at the bottom the warning error says "Wizard could not open the archive file".

This made me wonder if I was to restore in anger to a new HD would it work or I would have lost my system for good? Could not find an answer in Paragon's help
If anybody knows Paragon I'll be grateful for advise. .....thanx .....nick

PS. Tried to upload the scans but the upload here did not work. How do you do it?, hope you can see my scans.

My initial reaction when I saw a 202gb pdf ws "no wonder there's a problem!" but your pdf file is, of course 202kb not 202gb! Have you tried opening the backup file both to run a restore and also to mount the file to browse it?

Thanx,

Thanx for the correction & SORRY for my mistake, it is indeed 202KB as shown in the first scan.

How do I "open the backup file" (do not want to restore) & how to mount the file to browse it?

please forgive the ignorance.

Last edited:
You can view the backup as a part of the restore process. When you select "restore" it then gives you the option to restore the entire image or to browse the image to restore individual file(s)/folder(s). You do not not need to proceed to actually restore either but this gives you the means to browse the contents of the image. From the manual:

1. Click the Backup & Restore
tab on the Ribbon Panel, then select Restore.
2. On the Restore Wizard's Welcome page, click the Next button.
3. On the Browse for Archive page choose the required archive in the browser-like window. The Archive File Details section displays a short description of the selected image.

If you don't have it you can download the manual here:

http://download.paragon-software.com/doc/BR14Free_en_manual.pdf

Thanx,

I had two issues recently & here are the results:-

1. I changed to EaseUS & cloned my Maxtor with "C" from my win 8 PC again but, Maxtor refuses to boot.
2. I Maxtor shows up in w8 now after I used "diskmgmt.m" & gave it a Letter K ....nick

Back