Windows 10 PC freezes when wifi randomly disconnected

NerferMC

Once it freezes, I can't move my mouse pointer or keyboard. Only to hard shutdown my PC.
I did not update my drivers. Nothing is shown to windows update settings window. My PC is Dell Inspiron 15 3552.

Driver name: Qualcomm QCA9565 802.11b/g/n
Driver date: April 21, 2017

This just happens randomly. It also occurred on my old laptop (eME528)

There was a driver update ( Version 10.0.0.352, A02 ) for this device in January this year.

There was a driver update ( Version 10.0.0.352, A02 ) for this device in January this year.
Have checked driver updates. No updates found. Even windows update doesn't provide a driver update.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-14 080945.jpg
    Annotation 2020-08-14 080945.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 147
Running the following in powershell should give you the driver version and device name
Code:
Get-PnpDevice | ? { ($_.FriendlyName -like "*Wi-Fi*" -or $_.FriendlyName -like "*Wireless*") -and $_.Class -eq "Net" -and $_.InstanceID -like "*\VEN*"} | Get-PnpDeviceProperty -KeyName DEVPKEY_NAME,DEVPKEY_Device_DriverVersion

Running the following in powershell should give you the driver version and device name
Code:
Get-PnpDevice | ? { ($_.FriendlyName -like "*Wi-Fi*" -or $_.FriendlyName -like "*Wireless*") -and $_.Class -eq "Net" -and $_.InstanceID -like "*\VEN*"} | Get-PnpDeviceProperty -KeyName DEVPKEY_NAME,DEVPKEY_Device_DriverVersion

This powershell command doesn't work for me.

Have checked driver updates. No updates found. Even windows update doesn't provide a driver update.
Do you need WiFi connection, if not, why not plug the cable from your router directly to your computer and avoid connecting using WiFi.

Do you need WiFi connection, if not, why not plug the cable from your router directly to your computer and avoid connecting using WiFi.
I don't have a router port on my laptop. Android/Bluetooth tethering is way too slow.

So you are on Version 10.0.0.352, A02 from Dell website?
Version 10.0.0.352 (no A02)

Somewhere in the driver, I just turned off the checkbox "Turn off this device while the computer is on sleep" and now, My PC is functioning properly again. No more freezes.

Congratulations! Isn't it satisfying when you finally happen across the solution to a long standing irritating problem!

Back