Windows 10 PC resets itself whilst playing game, then updates

i also dont over clock, i play rather oldish games that are good and not too powerful, my fans noisy tho, how about taking apart the shell of my pc and giving it a clean dust out ?
i use G force experience for drivers updates

1513212179034.png

I have a feeling it’s dust,I just looked at the back of my pc and gave it a blow. There was a lot of dust
Thinking I should be about taking the shell off an cleaning the inside around components with a blowing tool tho I’ve never done this since I’ve had this pc. I think it’s time now

I have a feeling it’s dust,I just looked at the back of my pc and gave it a blow. There was a lot of dust
Thinking I should be about taking the shell off an cleaning the inside around components with a blowing tool tho I’ve never done this since I’ve had this pc. I think it’s time now
That is a great idea as dust build up can cause heat (as you well know).

Goin to back up my pc files tonight then take it apart and dust clean. Shall I disconnect the main power supply plug and turn of the pc power switch at the back of tower ?

Probably best to leave the main power cable plugged in but switched off at the socket. This will keep the system 'earthed' whilst you clean it of dust

i probably wont get around to dusting it out till next monday because of work, but is there anything else i can do in the mean time ? Kemical :)

just turn of again whilst i was reading on pc problems on the net, please help people

Quick check go to the bios, what temp is it saying in there? Best think though is a good clean and possibly new thermal compound on the cpu.

I did some digging on this one.
0x0124 is obviously a WHEA error.

!errrec ffffa98a44a638f8 reveals the error record. From that I found this

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ ffffa98a44a63a08
Section @ ffffa98a44a63b90
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : BUSLG_OBS_ERR_*_NOTIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)

Converting this to binary is necessary
.formats f2000010000b0c0f
Binary: 11110010 00000000 00000000 00010000 00000000 00001011 00001100 00001111
Looking through the AMD Bios and kernel dev guide

0000 1PPT RRRR IILL Bus General bus errors including link and DRAM
PP = Participation Processor
T = Timeout
RRRR = Memory Transaction Type
II = Memory or IO
LL = Cache Level

PP = 10 = OBS: Local node observed the error as a third party
T = 0 = timeout
RRRR = 0000 = Gen: Generic. Includes scrub errors.
II = 11 = Gen: Generic
LL = 11 = LG: Generic

PCC: processor context corrupt = 1

There is some corruption going on the bus between ram and the CPU. This could be bad RAM or a bad CPU

okay so i cleaned my dust out, turnt on pc, all is well then it decided to reset again with no prompt :(

Quick check go to the bios, what temp is it saying in there? Best think though is a good clean and possibly new thermal compound on the cpu.
you mean restart my pc and press f2 and what am i looking for

please help and many thanks folks

Last edited:
okay so i cleaned my dust out, turnt on pc, all is well then it decided to reset again with no prompt :(
If the bsod keeps occurring then we will have to do further testing. As I mentioned before bugcheck 124 can be a hardware based issue although sometimes software can trip it to go off too. Plus often with bugcheck 124 you don't see a dump file which is why your not seeing one created with every blue screen.

There is a basic battery of tests you can run to see if it's either the RAM, CPU or HDD causing the issue. This will also reveal whether is being caused by hardware or software.
RAM
First, try checking your RAM. Windows does have it's own memory test but it can miss errors. The best app for the job is memtest86. This is a free app you download, burn to disk or usb, boot from and test the ram. Here's a wiki guide on both methods:
How to Test PC RAM with MemTest86

If the above is a little daunting then something else you could try is running the machine on one stick of RAM for a certain period. If the blue screen still occurs change sticks over making sure you keep a note of which have blue screened.
Now you may find the the system runs fine on one stick which means the other or others are faulty and need replacing.
CPU
To test if your cpu has issues you'll need to stress it.

AMD have an application called AMD Overdrive which can be used for overclocking, what we want it for is the stability test it also carries. This lasts about an hour.
AMD OverDrive™ Technology for Overclocking CPU and Fan Control | AMD

Remember to monitor those system temperatures using HWiNFO

HDD
Try running a chkdsk. This will simply check your hard drive for errors and if possible repair them. The guide below will help you through the process.
chkdsk – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10

Can you post the make and model of your motherboard please. I can normally find out via your dump file but bugcheck 124's sometimes don't collect the data. You should be able to find the name on the board itself.

If you have any questions just post back.

im sorry im not all this good at this pc jargon and testing and downloading software wizardry, you guys are all so clever and im lost for words on how you lot know so much, great help from everyone on this thread (y)

Back
Top Bottom